shape
carat
color
clarity

Dear Experts please help me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pochacco

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking for diamond and found these two so far and wanted to ask the experts which one of these two are better.

Stone 1
1.22ct
Cert: GIA
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Very Good
Polish: EX
Symmetry: VG
Girdle: Think to slight Thick
Culet: None
Fluorescense: None
Depth: 60.4
Table: 59.0
Crown: 35.0
Pavilion: 40.4
Measurement: 6.85-6.89-4.15

Stone 2
1.26ct
Cut: Excellent
Symmetry: EX
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Depth: 62.7
Table: 57.0
Crown: 34.0
Pavilion: 41.4
Measurement: 6.87-6.91-4.32

I am very confused here.
Stone 2''s overall cut rating is better since it''s Excellent, but when I do HCA test the Stone 1 has better grading.
Dear Experts, please advise me which one has a better cut and overall which one of these two stones I should get. FYI, I do not have any image for these stones.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 3:29:27 PM
Author:pochacco
I've been looking for diamond and found these two so far and wanted to ask the experts which one of these two are better.

Stone 1
1.22ct
Cut: Very Good
Symmetry: VG
Girdle: Think to slight Thick
Depth: 60.4
Table: 59.0
Crown: 35.0
Pavilion: 40.4
Measurement: 6.85-6.89-4.15

Stone 2
1.26ct
Cut: Excellent
Symmetry: EX
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Depth: 62.7
Table: 57.0
Crown: 34.0
Pavilion: 41.4
Measurement: 6.87-6.91-4.32

I am very confused here.
Stone 2's overall cut rating is better since it's Excellent, but when I do HCA test the Stone 1 has better grading.
Dear Experts, please advise me which one has a better cut and overall which one of these two stones I should get. FYI, I do not have any image for these stones.
With the HCA a lower score isn't better than a higher one, the aim is to score below 2 and then evaluate from there with ASET and Idealscope images, you can read up on those below.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

As to the diamonds in question, I would definitely want Idealscope images for both, the proportions - especially the angles are questionable on each, however I would probably be most interested in the first out of the two, but images are essential. Have you seen these in person or are they with an online vendor?

pochacco

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help.

How about these three below?

Which one do you think is better including the two on top?

3. http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1248434.asp

4. http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1239713.asp

5. 1.17ct, G, SI1, Cut: Excellent, Pol: EX, Sym: EX, Flour: N
Depth: 60.8 Table: 56.0 Crown: 34.0 Pavilion: 40.8

Once again thank you so much for your help and time.

Danny,

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 4:04:51 PM
Author: pochacco
Thank you for your help.

How about these three below?

Which one do you think is better including the two on top?

5. 1.17ct, G, SI1, Cut: Excellent, Pol: EX, Sym: EX, Flour: N
Depth: 60.8 Table: 56.0 Crown: 34.0 Pavilion: 40.8

Once again thank you so much for your help and time.

Danny,

Hi Danny

You are most welcome! I will make the links clickable then I will take a look for you. Number 5 looks very promising, the one highlighted above, do you have a link for this one?

3. http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1248434.asp

4. http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1239713.asp

Ok they all look good, my pick would be for number 4, so the next step is to request an Idealscope image for each diamond from the vendor and to check that the SI clarity grades are eyeclean to your standards. Also 3 and 4 have grade setting clouds drawn on the clarity plot, check with the vendor that these aren't impacting brilliance, this is rare in SI1 clarity but best to check.

pochacco

Rough_Rock
Thank you once again.

I tried to make it links clickable but then I got an error message and I thought I wasn't supposed to make links clickable, sorry for the inconveniences.

I am trying to buy a diamond with F or G, VS2 or SI1, Excellent Cut and around 1.2ct with about $6,000 and it is really hard to find one. Is my budget too low to get this type of stone? And, I am also not sure if these specs are of a good quality diamond. Is it good quality?

I do not have link for the 5th one. I saw that one at the retail store and I only have copy of it's GIA certificate.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 4:14:41 PM
Thank you once again.

I tried to make it links clickable but then I got an error message and I thought I wasn't supposed to make links clickable, sorry for the inconveniences.

I am trying to buy a diamond with F or G, VS2 or SI1, Excellent Cut and around 1.2ct with about $6,000 and it is really hard to find one. Is my budget too low to get this type of stone? And, I am also not sure if these specs are of a good quality diamond. Is it good quality?

No inconvenience whatsoever, no need to apologize! The diamonds you have posted look very promising indeed, you did very well with the last ones you posted from James Allen. And the quality of F or G colour and SI clarity is a fine combo for quality, the diamonds you posted are definitely worth serious consideration for purchase.

The error message probably means you were caught in a posting deadlock with another poster, if 2 posters hit submit at the same time then only one post will go through and you were the deadlock victim in this case! What I do is copy all my posts prior to hitting submit so I don't lose them.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1 got a GIA VG cut because the angles are out of range of what GIA consider EX for cut, also it has a Thick girdle which even if the angles are with GIA EX limit, automatically get downgraded.

#2, although GIA Ex, GIA Ex includes combination that allows for light leakage, which the HCA will pick out.

Just go for HCA < 2 to weed out the poor performers and then we will need images to decide.

#3 and #4 looks good, assuming eye-clean #4 edges out as it is slight cheaper, has a better pattern. Getting an Idealscope image if you are interested in it.

#5 numbers look good.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 5:32:29 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
#1 got a GIA VG cut because the angles are out of range of what GIA consider EX for cut, also it has a Thick girdle which even if the angles are with GIA EX limit, automatically get downgraded. 40.4 pavilion angle won't get Ex cut which is the likely reason for the VG cut grade in this case, the girdle in this case is thin to slightly thick which won't be downgraded and is well within Excellent tolerances.

#2, although GIA Ex, GIA Ex includes combination that allows for light leakage, which the HCA will pick out.

Just go for HCA
#3 and #4 looks good, assuming eye-clean #4 edges out as it is slight cheaper, has a better pattern. Getting an Idealscope image if you are interested in it.

#5 numbers look good.

pochacco

Rough_Rock
I have contacted the vendor and requested for the Idealscope image for the #4.
Since I am more ignorant when it comes to Idealscope image, could you please review those images for me if I post those images later on onto this post?

Thank you all for your time and help~
Have a wonderful day~

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 5:53:18 PM
I have contacted the vendor and requested for the Idealscope image for the #4.
Since I am more ignorant when it comes to Idealscope image, could you please review those images for me if I post those images later on onto this post?

Thank you all for your time and help~
Have a wonderful day~
Of course, be glad to check out the images for you - post them when you get them!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results