shape
carat
color
clarity

De signers similiar to CVBinspiredDesign?

Dracarys

Rough_Rock
hi, I have really liked several of the vintage like designs I have seen on
CVBinspiredDesign. In particular the Casablanca, Zoe, Dahlia, Elsa, double claw solitaire, and many others. There are several others I like but I don't think they would go with the stone I am setting. Anyhow I wondered if there were other designers that create pieces that are of similar style- I happened upon
CVBinspiredDesign quite by accident so I'm wondering if there are others that I should check out who do similar work.i am pretty in love already but I like to look at every shoe in the shop. Thank you for your help.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie has a particular point of view, and her designs reflect that. I don't think this is true of either GOG or DKJ. They'll make what you ask them to and design to your requests, but they don't have a line of their own designs from which to choose or a particular aesthetic which they pursue. To that end, I'd recommend you went with Caysie. Her work is lovely and very delicate and not easily replicated.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To answer your question, the only other jeweler that I think is in the same quality category as Caysie for antique designs is Single Stone, but their prices are significantly higher. They make really pretty antique rings and they used to be my number one fav until Caysie came along. I really love her designs and plan on making a Casablanca next! She has made me two rings and one band already, with one in the works! Quality is top notch!

Here's a thread with some of the rings she has made:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-jewelry-the-new-cvb-eye-candy-thread.211825/

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey!! Another Game of Thrones fan!!! Welcome.

I obviously recommend Caysie. My ring is so well made; it really is cream of the crop.

Other than Caysie, to get her quality I would think you would need to look at singlestone (pricy!!) and Leon Mege and Victor Canera (but he generally doesn't work with outside stones).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I should add that I love Victor, too, for classic, high end, pave pieces especially! But for the realm of specific styles you mentioned (delicate, intricate antique style), Caysie stands out, in my opinion.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out Erika Winters. Her work is exceptional.

Another JBG vendor favorite!!
I must say, I'm rather interested in knowing why you're hesitant to use CVB_ID, if you admire the craftsmanship, as well. Not that it's my place to question your intentions...just curious. Caysie has made exquisite pieces; her own signature, and custom pieces, that, quite frankly, are absolutely amazing! If you like her designs & inspiration, you should consider using her, if you can. Everyone who has used her has LOVED her!
I posted alternatives, as you requested....I hope you find what you're looking for!! :mrgreen2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far I have 4 bands and 1 ering by caysie. I have another band that will be here next week. I also have 4 projects in the works and 2 more in my head! Lol, I obviously love her work. Meticulous execution of fantastic design.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far I have 4 bands and 1 ering by caysie. I have another band that will be here next week. I also have 4 projects in the works and 2 more in my head! Lol, I obviously love her work. Meticulous execution of fantastic design.

Yes, I have more projects soon to be in the works with Caysie. We have talked them through-- i just have to get my end organized. I have to decide which I want to start first and what I want from the project.

Caysie is like Lay's potato chips-- you can't have just one!

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love a lot of Erica Winters designs.... and whitehouse brothers has some vintage style rings:
http://www.whitehousebrothers.com/

I think the OP was just asking to get more choices. Exploring ALL options is never a bad thing!
I looked at soooooo many sites, designers, etc before choosing Mark Morrell to make my ring & I got my band from CVB. Initially I wanted a Van Craeynest band (another fave) but the bands were all wider than my E ring. I still dream about Van Craeynest bands though... sigh...

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depending on your budget you may also want to check out Julia B on Etsy, who offers some vintage inspired settings at a very reasonable price. The quality and craftsmanship are not on the same level as Caysie's work but the price point is attractive.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/JuliaBJewelry

I also second (third?) the suggestion of Singlestone, although they will be a lot more expensive than CvB.

Some other PSers have used Ivy and Rose but with varying reviews (both positive and mixed). However their pricing is very competitive.
https://www.etsy.com/hk-en/shop/IvyandRoseVintage

Last edited:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As someone who has two Singlestone pieces and one (new) CvB piece, I can tell you that they are on par with one another in terms of craftsmanship. From a process perspective, they are very different (or were a few years ago when I last worked with SS). CvB does sketches and CADs. To the best of my knowledge, SS does not do either. Price wise, there is no comparison (and price is what drove me to seek out CvB after seeing her work and hearing from some trusted PS friends that her work was impeccable). In terms of professionalism, etc. both are professional. I have had some hiccups with CvB, though she has done the right thing voluntarily and stood behind her work, so I consider myself a happy customer. SS has gone so far above and beyond from a customer service perspective that it's almost hard to believe. I worked directly with Ari and can't say enough positive things about him. I just wish that his prices hadn't basically priced me out of his showroom.

All of that said, if it were me and you love several of the CvB designs, I'd use her. We've all seen examples where people went with someone else to execute a specific designers work and it hasn't gone well. Just my .02

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had settings made by Single Stone, Victor Canera, Engagement Rings Direct (they have another name now) and CvB. They have all been exceptional pieces but I have to say for quality, price, etc. CvB is who I decided to go with for multiple pieces. I currently have 2 pieces by her, a 3rd in progress and a future project upcoming. She is a great designer-Artist.
I would use VC again for the right project though.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a setting being created by Caysie. A project my husband started after purchasing a 7 stone acc Norah band and a Bailey band with french cuts. Caysie is working on my rose cut diamond my husband sent her. I am very excited. I always wanted this particular stone set in one of Caysies fabulous pieces. According to my husband she was kind, helpful and informative. So far I have had the same experience. If you love her settings then give her a shot. Single stone would be my next choice.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's always best to go to the original designer if (s)he has an aesthetic you love. There are several designers out there who do vintage style settings at a very high quality, however each one has a unique perspective, proportion and style. Some are more ornate, some are more classic, some are more true to vintage reproduction (versus modern interpretations), some specialize more in pave, etc. If one designer's style really sings to you, that's the place to start. Good luck with your project!!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an e-ring reset by Caysie and a band from Erika Winters. I love them both. I didn't work with Erika directly, but I did with Caysie and she was very easy and responsive. My reset with Caysie began with me asking her if I could buy a pre-used setting and modifying it to fit my stone. She recommended against it, and it got me down the path of taking one of her earring settings and converting it into an e-ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results