shape
carat
color
clarity

De pics are here... Woooo Hoooo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Well well well... The pics are in from White Flash... Here is a link to the original specs on this stone:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/including-inclusions.7967/}

I''d rather not upload another AGS report or key data already available... Trying to be a good friend o''d forum... You can review all that in the link above... The magnified photos of the rock and the inclusion follow... I would appreciate your thoughts, advice, et all... I have an email out to get the magnification used in the photos... There are three photos in all...
1.gif

1.27 G VS2.jpg

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Pic #2

DSCN4455.jpg

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Pic #3

DSCN4459.jpg

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Not sure what happened to #1, it was there then vanished when I finished uploading #3.... Oh well... Here is the close up of the inclusion...

1.27 G VS2 PIC1.jpg

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
I just spoke with WF... Brian is airborn, but Denise estimates the maginification in Pic#3 to be 80X, sd that's what they use for close ups like that... I authorized shippment to the appraiser on Monday for Tuesday delivery, and that will stand unless y'all trash the rock...

Michael

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow is that even an inclusion?! AMAZING PICTURE of the rock...gosh I lurve those ACA's....that inclusion is definitely not noticeable until the 80x mag pic! Good choice and great eye...sounds like you are getting an SI stone that is super clean besides that one mark..which can be hidden by the shadow of the tension setting anyway but it definitely doesn't look remotely visible in even the first blowup.

Congrats!!
1.gif
Beautiful.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
If you look for the rainbow in the 11 o'clock position in the first pic, you'll see it. Looks like a little feather to me. This is an SI1? It's probably a bit more visible in person, though not without magnification. Nice stone.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If my inclusion was a RAINBOW..that's like an added bonus!
1.gif
I can barely make it out after you noted that LG...it looks pretty cool actually.

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Well it looks like I have a diamond... Whoooo Hoooooo!
10.gif
Thanks so much y'all! I'll keep you posted as things progress... My appraiser is Martin Fuller, in McLean, VA... He's only about 15 miles from my place so I can be there when the appraisal is conducted... Any suggestions on things to include / consider for the appraisal would be most appreciated... Martin's fee isn't cheap, but I figure at $7,030 for this rock I'm saving so much that the assurance of having the appraiser inspect the rock before and after setting is worth every penny...

Michael
9.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Michael, it it BEAUTIFUL
FLAWLESS to the naked eyes
NONE of us would be perfect
At 80 TIMES OUR SIZE !!!!!

I'm sure your lady will LOVE it!
9.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just curious ... I saw mention of possibly setting this in a tension setting? It may get rejected if it is. Also, while it is great to get input from the forum, if you're really looking for a professional 2nd opinion you may want to consider a qualified independant appraiser. If that inclusion breaks the surface it can be an instant reject from the setting company.

Let's hope that's not the case but from the pics is a definite possibility.

My .02c,
Rhino

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michael..Martin Fuller has gotten some raves on this forum in the past so it sounds as though you are in good hands. I would definitely mention the tension setting and see what his thoughts are. Otherwise just cover it with a prong!
1.gif

Let us know how things turn out
1.gif

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Rhino, Furthermore, Mara...

I love the tension setting 'look' and I just know Rose will as well... She loves contemporary design and I've purchased contermporary jewelry for her in the past to rave reviews... However, all of the merchants I called said not to go in that direction for security reasons. Some said its fine with insurance, but I'd have to do a bunch more work getting the stone certified by the setting provider at being "tension ready / capabable". Something I think y'all are speaking of in your posts.

Right now, I'm leaning toward a custom setting that has the style of the tension setting, but is actually set and not just held in place by the pressure of the band. Brian at WF sent me pics (sorry don't have them on my laptop, but will post on Monday) of a design Mr Lee (WF's Jeweler) came up with where a platinum basket / band is placed around pavillion above the culet.

I'm still a bit iffy on it, and have some flexibility so your thoughts and ideas are very welcome. Please keep them coming on the idea of the basket... I also saw a setting design by an Arizona artist / jeweler who uses a Japanese technique to combine metals creating a swirling grain through the band, but I forgot to bookmark her site... Don't suppose you know who this might be from all too cryptic description?

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Regarding the tension set, I have my 1.6 RB set into a bypass tension set by PUR. They reject any stone that doesn't have a clarity of at least VS or better. If the inclusion is near the girdle, they might not do it at all. I am no expert, but I had my heart set on a tension set and I did the best I could to find an above eyeclean diamond. I "sacrificed" the color for the clarity.
I ended up with a VVS1 and a J AGS0 H&A. I included a picture for you all to see. I am still in love with this ring
1.gif

Sorry if the pic is huge...

DBS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results