shape
carat
color
clarity

DD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DD

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!

I'm DD, and some of you remember me from DT. All I really wanted to do this morning was find some folks who would know how I felt when I say that I'm wearing earrings from Mercier today!

That quest has led me to join here. I'm 35, live in Boston, but I'm from Georgia. I work in International Education. I came to enjoy cyber communities when I started collecting fiestaware. In 2001, when I became engaged, I joined some other boards to talk about wedding planning.

I'm here to keep up with old friends, meet new ones, and talk about jewelry and shopping (handbags being near the top of the list!)

For jewlery, I have a princess cut solitaire e-ring and a channel-set princess half-eternity wedding band. Most of the rest of my collection is silver stuff from designers I like--Elsa Peretti, Mignon Faget, Patricia Locke, and plenty of generic-in-name but funky-in-design! For handbags, I'm a confirmed kate spade junkie. From time to time, I make some neckaces of interesting quartz and semi-precious stones.

My favorite comic character in fiction is Becky Bloomwood. I almost chose her as my log-in name . . .

DD

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
WELCOME FRIEND!
Glad to see you made it over to PS!
Enjoy the long time stay .... it has been and is a friendly place!
21.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/10/2004 11:51:23 AM DD wrote:

"Hello Everyone!

I'm DD, and some of you remember me from DT. All I really wanted to do this morning was find some folks who would know how I felt when I say that I'm wearing earrings from Mercier today!"

Your posting gave me a jolt. So am I. Sometimes I see his address in my address book or open the silk purse with the peach colored freshwater pearls he gave me and I think of him. But you know what? I had forgotten it was he who gave me these earrings I wear whenever I have no time to look for anything. These blue topaz earrings, also a gift, are my default earrings. He is really a part of my everyday life and I was taking that for granted. I feel more connected and grateful after reading your posting.

Welcome, DD.

Deborah

DD

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the welcomes!

Deborah, I think we are wearing earrings from the same giveaway--mine are pear-shaped amethyst in white gold! I'll be wearing the pearls more in the summer.

It is nice to think about how he touches our everydays lives, isn't it?

DD

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/10/2004 1:15:04 PM DD wrote:

"Deborah, I think we are wearing earrings from the same giveaway--mine are pear-shaped amethyst in white gold!"

Indeed he touched many of our lives. I have to admit I rushed to get my name down for some freshwater pearls when Shannon was giving them away, but I am uncomfortable always being on the receiving end. When he sent me the pearls and a packet of curry I sent him a gift (a Vera Bradley bag) for his mother, whom he adored. Then he asked for my address again-out of the blue-and I refused to send it. I knew him by then! He said not to make him go looking for it, but I did. Nonetheless, one day these blue earrings (which he had known I loved) appeared.

Another jeweler whom, I have been told, is also now gone-Marvin-also sent me a pair of blue topazes. He was a doll and I would never have known he died had Jan Roshto not e-mailed me about it.

Maybe the message is that no one should send me blue topazes!

Sorry to hijack your thread...you just made me reminisce.

Deb

DD

Rough_Rock
Hijack all you want! LOL!

I did not know that Martin was gone--I remember him, too.

DD

Cassandra

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to PriceScope, DD!!
10.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome DD, it's great to see you here.
1.gif

DD

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Cass and KM!

DD

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
Hi DD!
wavey.gif
Good to see ya here.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! I found the MIA's from DT!
wavey.gif
Alot of us sure miss you guys, it just doesn't seem the same.
sad.gif
Hope everyone is doing great.
Although I have not been around long enough to forge a tighter friendship with everybody, I sure would like to continue "talking" and "listening" to you all.
9.gif

Good to "see" you all again. Take care.

DD

Rough_Rock
Yes, doing great and glad that we're all finding each other!

DD

dberg

Rough_Rock
Yea! DD is here! How cold is it in Boston these days? Atlanta has been too chilly for my taste. I need a tropical vacation.

Your post made me smile while thinking of Mercier again. Today I put on my pearl earrings that he sent me along with my strand of pearls from Ladyluck. Has anyone heard from her, btw - I've been thinking of her.

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
Hi! AmantdeChat, welcome to PS from another newbie. I miss you all to.
wavey.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Hey doxiemom. Your husband penned a really nice post over at DT under "Valley of the Banned". He sounds like a really great guy! Good to see you all are alive and kicking. I'm sure glad Looie and RM are still around to keeps things lively too!
rodent.gif

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Any cat lover is a friend of The Rodentman and Looie.

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I just want to scream out of frustration. Who is that idiot stirring up trouble at DT with that new stupid poll? I so wish I could post over there and tell everyone not to reply. It is soooooo not worth it. There are people I care about replying and don't want to see banned. I understand some of us are missed but please guys don't get yourselves banned over it.

Unfreakin' believable
rolleyes.gif

I'm also sorry if this is inappropriate. I just want to say that when people start things like that lets not vote/reply, and I am no saint but I have learned my lesson.

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
Hi DD, I'm glad to see you here. Welcome!

I know what you mean doxiemom, I saw that too. There are still alot of people over there I really like too, and I don't want to see them hurt in any way.

DD

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Pinkangel!

Doxiemom,

Take a deep breath. I know it's frustrating to be watching at DT and see people acting without full knowledge of who's been banned and why.

From my perspective, there are so many of us who are gone for doing nothing that they might as well go ahead and keep on banning until there is no one left. I had to laugh when I saw the poll, because if asked back on the grounds that I apologize, I'd have nothing to apologize for--like you and Dberg and pinkangel, etc,etc,etc.

DD

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
I agree. In truth, I don't feel I have anything to apologize for. She asked, I answered. I made no other comment, or posted anything else negative in any way at any time. And other than that scathing comment at the end of the infamous poll, I don't think any explanation was given to those still left as to what happened.

DD

Rough_Rock
Let's cheer ourselves up! I just started a new thread in jewelry. Do pop in an give a reply!

DD

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks RM (and Looie)
naughty.gif

Didn't mean to cause any more frustration for you doxiemom! I just thought it was really nice of your husband to take the time to comment (in what is obviously a foreign enviroment for him)
9.gif
Take care and keep smiling!
4.gif

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
AmantdeChat, nice to see you here! Welcome!

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
No AmantdeChat, you didn't cause anymore frustration. It's just kinda like being a parent and watching your kids make the same mistakes you did and there is nothing you can do about it..........

New jewelry thread!? I'm on my way!
9.gif

I love my DH very much. His only flaw? He wont buy me jewelery!
angryfire.gif
9.gif
but I'm working on it
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results