shape
carat
color
clarity

DBTY-style pendant ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I am seriously considering the Whiteflash custom super thin Tiffany-style bezel setting for a solitaire pendant (.75 - .9 size), but I have a couple of questions and hope some of you can help me out.

1. If you have this style of pendant from WF (or have gotten a quote for one), could you please tell me the cost for the setting only (bezel and chain) and whether the price is for platinum or white gold.

2. If you have this pendant, whether from WF, Tiffany or otherwise, does the diamond tend to move off center (crawling up one side of the neck) or does it stay in place? Does it flip?

3. If you have seen both in person, does the WF version really look like the Tiffany DBTY?

TIA!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t gotten a quote from wf, but it would probably be about 2x as much than their stock settings...but ask them to get a better idea. You might want to check out mara''s thread b/c she had a stock setting thinned out without paying the custom price. I have a thin bezel from bluenile and it doesn''t flip much, but it constantly moves up the neck.

Here is mara''s pendant: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pretty-k-ristmas-bling.74979/

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I have a .38 DBTY pendant that was made by a local jeweler who made my pendant bezel out of platinum using a very thin bezel and a thicker than Tiffany chain. I paid around $600 for it.

The look is very elegant, but the diamond continuously goes off center. I have another four-prong setting and it doesn''t go as far off center.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m confused. Are you considering getting a bezel solitaire pendant or a diamonds by the yard pendant?

I would contact WF with your questions. I''m sure they would be able to answer them best.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for answering. I had posted last week that I was trying to decide between a four prong basket solitaire and a thin bezel solitaire (which I believe Tiffany still calls DBTY style). I had pretty much decided on the thin bezel because so many pretty ones have been posted here and it really does make the diamond look larger. I dragged DH to Tiffany with me this afternoon to take a final look before I ordered from WF. He had a strong preference for the prong set pendant. Although I like both styles, I had to admit I prefer the prong set style. I think I was trying to talk myself into the bezel because it would cost less to get the one carat look. I explained the cost facter to DH, but he still said I should get the prong set. My studs are prong set, so that will be a better match. The .93 carat pendant I tried was the perfect size for me, now I just have to wait for WF to get in a .9-.99 stone.

BTW, I tried on a .70 ct in the thin bezel and the .93 ct prong set pendant at the same time, and also looked at them side by side on the velvet mat, and the two looked like the same size. I also looked at a .40 ct in a bezel and was surprised at how substantial it looked. So, the bezels really are a great "plumper" if you love that look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results