shape
carat
color
clarity

DBTY necklace

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
Help needed: I am thinking of getting a DBTY necklace and tried on the ones at Tiffany & Co., but just can't seem to justify paying over $10,000.00 for it, even though the quality is amazing. I have seen many beautiful custom pieces here, and wobdering if this is the route I should go as well. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought mine from Whiteflash and am thrilled with the results. The quality is definitely on par with Tiffany's or above and it's a fraction of the cost. Brian Gavin is another option who I inquired with.

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
I bought mine from Whiteflash and am thrilled with the results. The quality is definitely on par with Tiffany's or above and it's a fraction of the cost. Brian Gavin is another option who I inquired with.

Thanks for your reply. I did look at some photos of the DBTY necklaces from wf, and noticed their bezels are a bit on the chunkier side (not as thin). I'll look into Brian Gavin. Which length and carat weight (per bezel) did you go with?

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
Tiffany says the diamonds used in the DBTY necklace are super ideal, even though they are uncertified.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Since the DBTY design is quite popular, I am sure with a little digging you can find one with fantastic diamonds at a price-point you like. Sometimes the hardest part about diamond shopping is having the patience to find what you really want.

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
Since the DBTY design is quite popular, I am sure with a little digging you can find one with fantastic diamonds at a price-point you like. Sometimes the hardest part about diamond shopping is having the patience to find what you really want.
I agree.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi I'm glad I was able to quote another thread where I had comparison shots of bezels for you.

Hiya! :wavey:

I actually own a bracelet I bought pre-loved that was bezeled by BGD. Here are a couple comparison shots of bezels by various vendors:
1. IDJ DBTY earring
2. BGD dbty bracelet
3. BE dbty necklace
4. BN bar bracelet

the BGD dbty bezel is the most delicate/thinnest of the bunch.

_36019_0.jpg
_36020.jpg

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
Hi I'm glad I was able to quote another thread where I had comparison shots of bezels for you.
Thanks, PintoBean. BGD's version does look quite delicate. How do the bezels on your BE necklace compare to the ones in BGD bracelet?:P2

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BE - A smidge thicker. Nice balance IMHO.

For my latest dbty I had IDJ use premade thicker bezels for 25 pointers bc they're bigger and pokier diamond lol.

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
Great. Thanks. I am worried about custom a piece and not liking it, especially if I am not local to the vendor.

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
Guess I could always get it from Tiffany's.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What exactly are you looking for that all these vendors won't let you return the dbty?

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
What exactly are you looking for that all these vendors won't let you return the dbty?
Was told that custom jewelry are non-refundable. I want a short DBTY with diamonds scattered throughout the chain, and am particular about the overall workmanship, such as bezel size and diamond quality. I just don't want to lose thousands of dollars if I ended up disliking the piece.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might want to ask them if they could send you a non custom dbty to check out.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size pointers? Spacing? Metal for chain and bezels? Length? Number of diamonds? Budget?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
What size pointers? Spacing? Metal for chain and bezels? Length? Number of diamonds? Budget?
So, basically want the shorter DBTY, like Tiffany's:
http://m.tiffany.com/collections/el...91&fromcid=297647&trackpdp=bg&trackgridpos=11
I have gotten quotes from various jewelers, ranging from $4,000 to $9,700. Again, some claim to use their own proprietary cuts that outperform the ideal ones, and perhaps that warrants the $9,700. If I were to spend that much on a custom piece with a jeweler whom I am unfamiliar with, then I might as well go with Tiffany's.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have looked at Tiffany diamond jewelry including DBTY and I will tell you their diamond quality, while nice, is not as good as the superideal cuts used in Whiteflash diamond jewelry. I think you already saw my pieces, but honestly, these magnified pics don't really show how they look in real life. I know I paid less than half of Tiffany prices, but both are platinum and WF diamonds are maybe a step above Tiffany, although it is not so obvious in stones this small. I have a few Tiffany pieces, but this just made more sense to get from WF.

I don't have any good pictures to really show real life perspective, but here are a couple I have saved.

WF.DBTY5.jpg WF.DBTY8.jpg

Alexandra_roseee

Rough_Rock
So, basically want the shorter DBTY, like Tiffany's:
http://m.tiffany.com/collections/el...91&fromcid=297647&trackpdp=bg&trackgridpos=11
I have gotten quotes from various jewelers, ranging from $4,000 to $9,700. Again, some claim to use their own proprietary cuts that outperform the ideal ones, and perhaps that warrants the $9,700. If I were to spend that much on a custom piece with a jeweler whom I am unfamiliar with, then I might as well go with Tiffany's.

I had the same issue myself, I liked the look of Tiffany's DBTY pieces but upon seeing them in person felt that the quality just isn't what it used to be. I ended up having Stephanie Gottlieb (private NYC jeweler) make one for me on a 15" 18k yellow gold chain. Her work is amazing, gorgeous and high quality. She's very good about working within your budget, and incredibly pleasant. Her instagram is Stephaniegottlieb, definitely check her out!

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
I had the same issue myself, I liked the look of Tiffany's DBTY pieces but upon seeing them in person felt that the quality just isn't what it used to be. I ended up having Stephanie Gottlieb (private NYC jeweler) make one for me on a 15" 18k yellow gold chain. Her work is amazing, gorgeous and high quality. She's very good about working within your budget, and incredibly pleasant. Her instagram is Stephaniegottlieb, definitely check her out!
Thanks so much. :)

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
I have looked at Tiffany diamond jewelry including DBTY and I will tell you their diamond quality, while nice, is not as good as the superideal cuts used in Whiteflash diamond jewelry. I think you already saw my pieces, but honestly, these magnified pics don't really show how they look in real life. I know I paid less than half of Tiffany prices, but both are platinum and WF diamonds are maybe a step above Tiffany, although it is not so obvious in stones this small. I have a few Tiffany pieces, but this just made more sense to get from WF.

I don't have any good pictures to really show real life perspective, but here are a couple I have saved.

WF.DBTY5.jpg WF.DBTY8.jpg
Thanks for the photos, ds. The DBTY necklace looks great on you. While I think wf does a great job with those pieces, I still think the bezels are a bit too chunky for my taste.:/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results