shape
carat
color
clarity

DBTY necklace WF project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
OK, so I have the go ahead from DH to get a DBTY necklace, assuming we can get it for a reasonable price.
36.gif

I am looking to have WF give us some quotes for a 16 inch, yelllow gold necklace approx 6 stones, evenly spaced, around 14 pointers (or 12 pointers).

Given that I am having YG bezel, with ACA''s do you think I can go down to H or I colour safely while still looking white? I currently have all G colour stones.

will the YG negate such a small colour variance for such small stones anyway ie f/g to g/h or h/i ? I am colour sensitive. suggestions on clarity for that size stone?

Any good previouse threads to look up? Any tips for getting it made eg clasp, necklace thickness, should i get it thicker for saftey?

thanks in advance for any feedback
35.gif

DB

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi D2B, sounds like a fun project!
I''m also a yellow gold lover - personally I doubt that the YG would make a difference, but if you are very colour sensitive you could always ask for white gold bezels and yellow gold chain..?

I recently had a bezel pendant made with the same thing, and it worked out really nicely imo.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh, would love to see the bezel pendant. Did you post pictures??
36.gif

Hmmm, more to think about. I loved the YG Bezel on the dbty necklace at Tiffany''s, but havnt seen it done with WG bezel and YG chain. hmmmmmmmm more to ponder.

d2b

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think the white gold bezel sounds like a great idea. What a fun project
36.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
hmmmm, I would really love to see some pictures of white gold bezel with gold chain....anyone??!!

So what does everyone think about H colour and gold bezel, will it be OK, if it is ACA and face up white??

d2b

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 4:35:26 AM
Author:D2B
OK, so I have the go ahead from DH to get a DBTY necklace, assuming we can get it for a reasonable price.
36.gif

I am looking to have WF give us some quotes for a 16 inch, yelllow gold necklace approx 6 stones, evenly spaced, around 14 pointers (or 12 pointers).

Given that I am having YG bezel, with ACA''s do you think I can go down to H or I colour safely while still looking white? I currently have all G colour stones.

will the YG negate such a small colour variance for such small stones anyway ie f/g to g/h or h/i ? I am colour sensitive. suggestions on clarity for that size stone?

Any good previouse threads to look up? Any tips for getting it made eg clasp, necklace thickness, should i get it thicker for saftey?

thanks in advance for any feedback
35.gif

DB
Hi D2B! I have a DBTY branklet from WF (bracelet with an extender piece to make it an anklet) it''s all WG though but it is amazing. I would suggest to do the stones in WG bezel with the chain in YG. I think it will make the stones pop more. Also, I do not believe that they do ACA''s in anything but F/G. I have asked before and that is what I was told, but that was a while back, maybe it has changed.
Good luck, can''t wait to see!!!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s earrings in WG and YG. Not sure about the size of the stones. HTH

ygdbtywf.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2009 11:08:13 AM
Author: D2B
hmmmm, I would really love to see some pictures of white gold bezel with gold chain....anyone??!!

So what does everyone think about H colour and gold bezel, will it be OK, if it is ACA and face up white??

d2b
I own all G color stones too, (in fact my e-ring is really more an F than it is a G) and I just ordered yellow gold bezel earring mountings for my new H colored loose stones. I held those Hs up to my Gs and I really couldn''t see much difference at all, and once they''re set into their yellow gold homes, I don''t think I''ll see any difference. My Hs are triple Exs and they look pretty close if not the same as all of my Gs. I think you''re absolutely fine going with slightly lower color but excellent cut. Cut is everything (well..... almost) :).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do it in all yellow gold, personally. I just checked the Tiffany website and that''s what they do for their DBTY collection. I think it just looks better like that! I''m just not crazy about how the earrings KTIceRN posted look with the white gold bezels and yellow gold chain. Just my opinion, though!

P.S. I''m pretty sure WF doesn''t do their ACA melee in anything but F/G also.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the photos, great to see (spurs me on even more
9.gif
).

Hmmm, I didnt know about the WF aca malee being only in F/g, will see what they say regarding my price quote options.

have seen Tiffany''s in person and loved the YG - funnily platimum logically should work better, being white and all, but on my skin colour/shade, it just doenst work somehow, whereas the gold looks so butttery and rich on my skin (even my DH straight away said no way to the platinum for my skin)

well, will have to see what all the quotes are and go from there.

d2b

Ohhh: any oppinions on the clasp /chain strength if I later want to put a pendant (enhancer?) on it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a very fun project. I can''t wait to see what you get.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 12:17:01 PM
Author: thing2of2
I would do it in all yellow gold, personally. I just checked the Tiffany website and that''s what they do for their DBTY collection. I think it just looks better like that! I''m just not crazy about how the earrings KTIceRN posted look with the white gold bezels and yellow gold chain. Just my opinion, though!

P.S. I''m pretty sure WF doesn''t do their ACA melee in anything but F/G also.

Ditto Thing2 on the all yellow.

Can''t wait to see the finished piece!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hello D2B! Any updates?

What''s the latest on your lovely DBTY necklace? I''m ordering one as well so I was thinking it might be fun to collaborate and help each other with the decision making process!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Oh! And to answer your question, coati and thing2of2 are right. WF doesn't do ACAs in anything other than F/G. But they do have Expert Selection in H/I. I checked the price difference for curiosity and it is so negligible I am going with the ACAs. Plus, I am told the ACAs blow the Expert Selections away in terms of sparkle...even in that teeny size. So it was a no brainer for me.

And I ditto the YG around the bezel, too! When I was deciding between plat and yg at Tiffs, both were lovely. The yg bezel is really gorgeous around the diamond - it lends a richer feel to it. I chose plat only because I wanted it to match my other metals. But the yg was YUMMO. Now I can't wait to compare it with the WF version!

What size melee are you going with? I'm so excited for you! This is fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results