shape
carat
color
clarity

DBTY custom bracelet - help with specs please!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I’m working with DK on a DBTY bracelet and need your help finalizing the specs, please! It will be 6.75” with mostly likely 7 diamonds, so a little less than 1 inch apart. I’ve poured over threads and still can’t decide on diamond size and the chain.

1) diamond size - either 10pt or 15pt. 15pt are $420 more. Is the size difference noticeable enough for $420? Also, I know this is crazy to say...but I’m a little afraid 15pt will be too large for an everyday bracelet on a small wrist...thoughts? Price wise it doesn’t really make sense to do a size in the middle.

2) chain width - Id like a platinum chain and would like for it to look petite yet be secure, so was thinking 1.5mm. DK advises for the platinum to be 1.8mm due to the softness of the metal, in case it breaks catching on something. If I wanted to do 1.5mm, he recommended WG, but I don’t want to deal with plating. It seems most of you have platinum and not wider than 1.5mm...thoughts...have you ever had issues?

Thank you!!
RayRay

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @RayRay , I have a plat DBTY with sapphires & diamonds, made by WF. The 4 ACA diamond melee are .15's & the sapphires are .20's (due to cut) but look the same size as the diamonds.

I want a plat all diamond DBTY, and will be going larger than .15 as those .15's are not big at all IMHO. It's fine for everyday at that size IMHO.

My sapphire/dia bracelet is pictured next to my WF 7.3 ctw ACA melee tennis bracelet, for reference, those diamonds are .18's.

I really don't know what chain size my saph/dia DBTY is, I should find out. But also have thought about going one step larger on the plat bracelet chain for my someday diamond DBTY...this one is on my one-of-these-days list. :)) I have never had an issue with my sapphire DBTY--it wears beautifully & does not snag on anything. I would definitely go platinum instead of WG, just my 2 cents.

Those little buggers all but disappear on your arm IMHO! Please come back & post a SMTB thread so we can see yours when its finished--it will be beautiful!
IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg
Customized-Color-Me-Mine-Diamond-and-Blue-Sapphire-Bracelet_35198_f_1.jpg

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
@sarahb thank you! Very helpful and you’re the right, the .15pts don’t look big at all on your wrist. Your bracelet is beautiful!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RayRay
Just an FYI, DK's white gold does not need replating so that shouldn't be a concern.I think that is mentioned in several threads.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I’m working with DK on a DBTY bracelet and need your help finalizing the specs, please! It will be 6.75” with mostly likely 7 diamonds, so a little less than 1 inch apart. I’ve poured over threads and still can’t decide on diamond size and the chain.

1) diamond size - either 10pt or 15pt. 15pt are $420 more. Is the size difference noticeable enough for $420? Also, I know this is crazy to say...but I’m a little afraid 15pt will be too large for an everyday bracelet on a small wrist...thoughts? Price wise it doesn’t really make sense to do a size in the middle.

2) chain width - Id like a platinum chain and would like for it to look petite yet be secure, so was thinking 1.5mm. DK advises for the platinum to be 1.8mm due to the softness of the metal, in case it breaks catching on something. If I wanted to do 1.5mm, he recommended WG, but I don’t want to deal with plating. It seems most of you have platinum and not wider than 1.5mm...thoughts...have you ever had issues?

Thank you!!
RayRay

When I tried on the Tiffany 7 stone dbty I think it had 14 or 15 pointers. I fell in love with the size. I think it is perfect for every day. I will be watching your project with interest as I have been pricing out a couple vendors and hoping to move forward with a dbty bracelet project in the coming year. I would love to see one made by DK!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
@RayRay
Just an FYI, DK's white gold does not need replating so that shouldn't be a concern.I think that is mentioned in several threads.

Interesting, I’ll have to ask David again...he already advised that the WG may need to be replated so maybe there’s a difference between rings and bracelets. Thanks @Lookinagain !

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
@sarahb - do you mind telling me the length of your bracelet and the distance between your stones? I love the spacing of yours on your wrist. Thank you!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Bump!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your bump @RayRay! Life took over!

My bracelet is 7.5 inches long. In retrospect I had it made too large, should of had it made 6.75".

As for the length between stones: to me, it appears there's a distance of 3/4" between stones. IE: measured from one chain attachment to the other, & not the stone itself on either side. I hope this helps, & sorry I didn't get back to you sooner!

IMG_4952 2.jpeg

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for your bump @RayRay! Life took over!

My bracelet is 7.5 inches long. In retrospect I had it made too large, should of had it made 6.75".

As for the length between stones: to me, it appears there's a distance of 3/4" between stones. IE: measured from one chain attachment to the other, & not the stone itself on either side. I hope this helps, & sorry I didn't get back to you sooner!

IMG_4952 2.jpeg

Thank you so much @sarahb!! This is super helpful as this is about the distance I was thinking but was afraid it may look too close, you have soothed my fears. You’ve been so helpful, thank you!!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No sweat @RayRay, I can totally understand--those decisions, no matter how big or small, can drive a person batty! Good luck & I can't wait to see it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results