shape
carat
color
clarity

david yurman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone have a david yurman ring? I am thinking about getting one for my "something blue", as topaz is my birthstone. There's one with pave around it (set in silver), but I wasn't sure about the quality. There is a store, but it's a bit of a trek for me to go on a weekday to try stuff on. I'd love any feedback from anyone who has tried on or owns a DY ring. Thanks!

ETA, I did a search, but not much came up....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister has a few pieces of OTHER jewelry from David Yurman .. her husband usually gives her one a year (lucky gal). One time, I think on their honeymoon, a new DY bracelet she''d just been given fell off & became lost. It was a total fluke, ''cause she''s never had anything like that happen before. She was so shocked she wrote them & they REPLACED the bracelet....just SENT her a new one! CRAZY!

Anyway ... no ring experience ... just a DY antecdote.

I did just see this when I went to their site ... tempting, no?

yurmaneternityring.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOOH ... was tha pave one, THIS ONE??

bluetopazyurman.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the first one you posted, as well as their confetti ring.

But yes, the second one you posted is the one I am looking at. I saw it on someone''s hand in carmel in passing, and it looked gorgeous.

There''s also an discontinued style that I like...here''s a pic.

e9_1.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one is cool too ...

confettiring.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2006 7:08:17 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Great minds ... as the last one I posted was the "confetti" ring for everyone else''s sake.

I LOVE the one YOU love. Wow! My FMIL gave me a pretty multi-strand pearl bracelet the other day, that has dangly blue stones of 2 different hues .. I think that''s gonna be my "something blue" unless it ends up clashing with my as yet unselected dress
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2006 7:12:35 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 8/1/2006 7:08:17 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Great minds ... as the last one I posted was the ''confetti'' ring for everyone else''s sake.

I LOVE the one YOU love. Wow! My FMIL gave me a pretty multi-strand pearl bracelet the other day, that has dangly blue stones of 2 different hues .. I think that''s gonna be my ''something blue'' unless it ends up clashing with my as yet unselected dress
3.gif
Yup...two peas in a pod, we are. Hee hee.

And whaddaya mean you haven''t selected your dress??! You are as bad as I am! Girl, your wedding is two months away! (Am I telling you anything you don''t already know yet?)

I''ve been curious as to how your planning is going...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the square cut ring w/pave but not keen on the discontinued round ring. absolutely adore the confetti ring!

movie zombie

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree...the square is my first choice, but I am trying not to pay full price. Hmmmm....

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
checked out yurman''s website: the confetti ring in gold is quite yummy!

movie zombie

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
there are some pieces on SP

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I have several David Yurman pieces that I love, including an onyx cocktail ring. I have never had a problem with them and I think the quality is top notch. As far as not paying full price, if you are anywhere near a Bloomingdales, twice a year they have a sale and everything is 20% off. If you go in and make friends with the salespeople they will generally tell you when the sale is and you can get it then. That is the only way I know to avoid paying full price on Yurman, and a great deal because his pieces are often excluded from sales.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I have a David Yurman ring- Its a split shank style with an oval blue topaz. I will post pictures soon. I''ve had it for a year and probably worn it twice and the stone is loose
8.gif

I bought it at one of the trunk shows they had at a local boutique. Overall I think the workmanship is quite good. The stone itself is incredible.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I have 3 Yurman bracelets that I wear stacked. Never had any problems with them
and have been wearing them for 6 yrs. now

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2006 12:05:33 PM
Author: westjenn
I have a David Yurman ring- Its a split shank style with an oval blue topaz. I will post pictures soon. I''ve had it for a year and probably worn it twice and the stone is loose
8.gif

I bought it at one of the trunk shows they had at a local boutique. Overall I think the workmanship is quite good. The stone itself is incredible.
Thanks, I''d love to see a pic...

I just think they make interesting RHRs. Now that I have may plain ole straightforward engagement ring (which I do love), I wanted to get something more fun for my right hand.
1.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
A girl I know has that exact ring and it is stunning! I would not hesitate to get it, in fact, it''s on my wish list when I have spare cash. The topaz in her ring is a gorgeous blue and the metal is substantial, but not overwhelming. Great choice!

I wish you well,

Bridget

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got the ring! Took a chance and researched a vendor on ebay. I went last week and tried on the DY ring at the DY store here in socal, and so I am 99% sure it''s authentic. If it''s not, it''s the best darn replica I''ve ever seen!

It''s really nice...more substantial than I thought, but still feminine, if that makes sense. Here are some hand shots!

IMG_1492.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_1494.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one outdoors, although the sun wasn''t out full blast when I took it...

IMG_1496.jpg

tessa

Shiny_Rock
very nice.
I have the slightly larger version of that ring and it is great

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed this thread the first go round but the ring looks DYNAMITE on you!!! Just divine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results