David Koch is Dead

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was 79.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so long. adios. Twitter is full of great sendoff posts btw.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so long. adios. Twitter is full of great sendoff posts btw.
Gosh, I don’t know much about the guy but the stuff on Twitter is vicious.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somebody has been waiting to give him a warm eternal welcome

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 3.01.36 PM.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ain't tribal warfare grand? :roll2:

RIP Mr. Koch.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
giphy.gif

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am sure his loved ones will miss him.

—————

On a snarky but not improbable point...

I wonder if his will will specify who will inherit the senators and congressmen he bought?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find them amusing, apropo and truthful. Name calling isn't allowed on PS btw, given that I am not sick or sicko but I am an American who is sick of dark money, sick of the uber rich controlling my environment, the environment of my grandchild and my kids, I love mother earth and I dislike people who are ruining our planet to continue to enrich themselves as our quality of life is impacted. Meet the Koch brothers. Bullying someone because they are glad at least one of these self centered, rich jerks shows your lack of compassion and caring for our world.

If you find the sendoff tweets amusing, you’re a sicko.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't imagine how miserable and full of bitterness a person has to be so judgemental of others, especially others who have to live in this hot world Koch bros have created. Peace and love and all that is fine, but the time has passed for that. If you can sit on your high horse and judge others then you will be judged yourself as an armchair critic who sits in judgement of others. I'm glad Koch is dead.

I can’t imagine how miserable and full of bitterness someone has to be to celebrate the death of another person. Disgusting.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rest in peace, meh. May he be judged for all that he did to ruin the earth under the guise of libertarianism. Glad he's gone and hope he rests most uncomfortably, altho I don't believe in heaven or hell or any relgious deity, I do believe in karma.

Ain't tribal warfare grand? :roll2:

RIP Mr. Koch.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I don’t know much about the guy but the stuff on Twitter is vicious.

he deserved it. no amount giving to the Met, to PBS etc will eradicate his selfish drive to turn our country into a libertarian hell and our earth into a burning hell. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rest in peace, meh. May he be judged for all that he did to ruin the earth under the guise of libertarianism. Glad he's gone and hope he rests most uncomfortably, altho I don't believe in heaven or hell or any relgious deity, I do believe in karma.
Meh. Plenty of judgement and karma available to go around. There are very few people, if any, whom I would actually rejoice in their deaths. Wish they weren't around? Maybe, but not actually rejoice in their death. That takes a special kind of hate, or dedication to tribalism. JMHO.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t approve of the way he lived nor the sentiments he and his brethren imposed on others. I’m not saddened by his death, but I refuse to celebrate it out of simple respect for human life. If anything, his life had value because it served as a lesson to others of how NOT to treat people.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a question for you regarding karma: if you believe that karma means reaping what you sow, so to speak, then isn’t it possible that the negativity you’ve put out into this particular universe by saying what you’ve said about Koch will come back to you?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question for you regarding karma: if you believe that karma means reaping what you sow, so to speak, then isn’t it possible that the negativity you’ve put out into this particular universe by saying what you’ve said about Koch will come back to you?
Which particular universe would that be? Pricescope?

I'm not much of a believer in karma or cosmic forces and was more reflecting the sentiment back to @Tekate. Though I do believe in reap what you sow.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To your question, anything is possible. Will I wallow over it? No.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I...wasn’t speaking to you, @redwood66 . :confused2: Utterly confused.
Oh good lord do I feel silly. :lol: Sorry. I was kinda negative and only read the first line of the quote. Not enough coffee yet.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I...wasn’t speaking to you, @redwood66 . :confused2: Utterly confused.
You know this is really interesting to me. My reaction that is and what my brain read. Maybe more introspection is necessary on my part.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sums up his legacy nicely.

https://jacobinmag.com/2019/08/david-koch-obituary-billionaire-evil/

Besides spending fortunes to deprive people of health care, Koch and his repugnant sibling made their living by spewing pollution, cancer, and a host of other ailments into often poor communities. Their hostility to government regulation and insistence on unsafe working conditions led them to kill and maim workers and bystanders alike, such as the two Texas teenagers blown up by a defective Koch pipeline that led the Kochs to pay one of the largest wrongful death judgments in US history. It may be impossible to quantify exactly the damage done by the Kochs’ right-wing network, but the “welfare reform” of the ’90s alone shortened lifespans.

But even this repellent legacy is dwarfed by Koch and his brother’s singular contribution to the climate crisis. It is the darkest of ironies that the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History’s wing dedicated to the story of human evolution is named after Koch, given that, other than his brother, arguably no single individual has done more to try to shut the book on that story than Koch.

We’ve known for a good while that the Koch network has been funding and fuelling climate denial and inaction by the government for decades, in concert with the growth of the Kochs’ own fossil fuel-based profits. Thanks to the release of Christopher Leonard’s Kochland last week, we now also know they were on the ground floor of the fight to ensure human extinction, spreading climate denial and working against political action on the subject as early as 1991, when the world still could have embarked on a gradual transition away from fossil fuels.

And as the climate crisis became ever more visible and tangible in recent years, did Koch and his brother put the unimaginably colossal wealth they’d amassed from poisoning people and killing the earth toward undoing the damage they’d caused? No, they used it to kill public transit projects at the local level because these threatened Koch Industries’ bottom line, further hamstringing future efforts to prevent planetary catastrophe. To paraphrase Noam Chomsky, evil doesn’t even begin to describe this.

And yet, due to the limitations of language, this is the only word that comes close to describing the ghastly Koch and his vile brother: evil. David Koch was an evil man who dedicated his life to evil.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Was it cos Mr Koch watched last week's Patriot Act? :lol::lol::lol: Sorry , I had to. Karma please don't curse me.:P2

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meh. Plenty of judgement and karma available to go around. There are very few people, if any, whom I would actually rejoice in their deaths. Wish they weren't around? Maybe, but not actually rejoice in their death. That takes a special kind of hate, or dedication to tribalism. JMHO.

That's YOU, me I can rejoice at his death, not that I did much other than laugh. But I feel maybe one block of the wall of money that is ruining our environment is gone, I don't just believe in the individual's right, I believe in groups rights, as in the case, the American people and all people of our planet earth.

From th 2018 Libertarian Platform:

1.0 PERSONAL LIBERTY
Individuals are inherently free to make choices for themselves and must accept responsibility for the consequences of the choices they make. Our support of an individual’s right to make choices in life does not mean that we necessarily approve or disapprove of those choices. No individual, group, or government may rightly initiate force against any other individual, group, or government. Libertarians reject the notion that groups have inherent rights. We support the rights of the smallest minority, the individual.

I believe groups have rights as in the groups that wish for fresh air and clean water, safety etc.

In my opinion rejoicing at a person who has done so much to hurt our planet is normal. Tribalism? Meh, everyone has a tribe, and if the tribe I belong to is relieved Koch is dead, so be it. Hate? I'd say a much better word is RELIEF. Dedication? I am dedicated to a cleaner earth

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We I didn't throw a big party Monarch, I would say a better word was relief. I don't know if his life had value, I do know he did much to devalue human life.

I don’t approve of the way he lived nor the sentiments he and his brethren imposed on others. I’m not saddened by his death, but I refuse to celebrate it out of simple respect for human life. If anything, his life had value because it served as a lesson to others of how NOT to treat people.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. As I am sending out good karma for earth. I can live with myself and my karma because I believe in being good, caring and a good caretaker of our planet and if because I get 'jolted' with death because of it, so be it, it was my time, but as I said, I feel my relief at Koch's death, to me, is good karma. Does my good karma outweigh my bad? dunno, I've made it almost 67 years and I find that good enough, I find that all my whole life I've tried to do my upmost for my fellow travelers on this planet to the best of my ability. If karma smacks my kid down because of me then I'd say that isnt karma that is religion and I don't believe in religion per se. I do believe in the good one spreads outways the bad and if you spread enough bad it will come back to haunt you, not by a deity but by all the negativeness one has given out. I do not believe there is a god who's gonna give me a heart attack because I thought Koch dying was good, but I do believe if I have enough bad karma then all that negativeness will affect my health and could give me a heart attack (or cancer etc)..

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which particular universe would that be? Pricescope?

I'm not much of a believer in karma or cosmic forces and was more reflecting the sentiment back to @Tekate. Though I do believe in reap what you sow.

Which in my book means your karma. Yes you do reap what you sow and if you sow too much bad vibes and hate it will eventually bite you in the ass.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results