shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass Halo Reset Journey

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
Hey all,
It's been ~2 years since I got my diamond for my 5 yr anniversary. I got it from James Allen and working within a limited budget, I put most of my money on the stone & settled for an inexpensive setting. Now, after a few years of paying attention to different settings, I've decided to reset into a vintage-inspired halo set in 18k rose gold (to match my rose gold Tiffany Novo band)

Diamond specs:
1.02 J VVS2
Here's a few photos: IMG_6623.JPG IMG_7489.JPG

As you can see the setting isn't worth writing home about, although due to its dainty look I get a lot of compliments on it. These are the inspiration photos for my new setting:
IMG_7497.jpg IMG_7498.jpg IMG_7517.jpg IMG_7519.jpg
The bottom is my main inspiration. Here is the CAD DK sent:
IMG_7520.JPG
Thoughts? I *THINK* I want milgrain but sometimes I like the look of the yellow gold ring above that doesn't have it. Also, no diamonds from the side. What point melee should I get? My cushion is 6.1x5.94... 1/2? 3/4? And I am thinking single claw prong? Is that safe? i like the look of bezel as well. Still so much work to be done.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_7518.jpg

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your inspiration rings! Very similar to what I chose for my cushion project. I think that single claw prong will be fine.

Have you seen a rose gold halo in-person? I love rose gold, I am worried that the metal of the halo might be distracting. I haven't seen one in person and i am not sure, but it is something to think about.

Best of luck on your project.

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
I love your inspiration rings! Very similar to what I chose for my cushion project. I think that single claw prong will be fine.

Have you seen a rose gold halo in-person? I love rose gold, I am worried that the metal of the halo might be distracting. I haven't seen one in person and i am not sure, but it is something to think about.

Best of luck on your project.

Thanks for your reply! yes I have 18k rose gold in my wedding band... i love 18k but not the 14k which is what my current setting is (and that has a more coppery tinge that I wouldn't want in a halo, but 18k has a nice warmth to it).

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any thoughts about the david klass profile vs the one that comes with the original inspiration ring profile which is images.jpeg

let me know your thoughts!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the DK profile but it really is personal preference. I kind of like the floating in air look.

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
Thanks! what size melee would you recommend?

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I am just trying to finalize my design and need help with the final three decisions:

1. I decided based on what I have seen here to have a 1 point halo so that means the melee diamonds are 1.3mm. Is this going to work with my cushion? Dimensions are 5.94x6.10. David has suggested 1.5mm melee diamonds but that seemed large.

2. Should I keep the 1.5mm diamonds for the shank? Or have the entire ring be 1.3mm diamonds.

3. Finally, My band is 18k rose gold which i do love but also like 14k yellow gold (that's what I normally wear for jewelry)... Do I do 18k rose gold or 14k yellow? Which will highlight the diamonds most? Thanks all!!!

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
Can a moderator delete this thread? Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results