shape
carat
color
clarity

David klass for halos?

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am still looking into who to get quotes from for a HW style halo reset on a pear or possibly somilar with subtle/ small split shank near top. I can only work with super nice people and alos need the lest amount of metal showing and a flush/ non raised stone( just personal preference). I know victor canera would be # 1 choice for quality, but since taht is likely above my pricepoint i am also considering erd/ be. Any opnions on whether david Klass should be a contender? I also like either the angle tilt like VC or a aide row of pave to hide the side metal on the halo. Does DK do the tilt? And is his price likely to be similar to erd? Or more or less?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should contact him for a quote to see if he is in your price range. A quote costs you nothing and he is extremely friendly. There are many examples of his halo work here on PS and hopefully some will chime in with their thoughts.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass also has pinterest boards. One board specifically for haloed rings. You can check out some of his work there also and
see what you think.

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
You should also check out IDJ or Maytal Hannah for that type at better price points. Love David K... don't own a halo from him, though i do have pave from him - its beautiful. I do own a halo from erd/be thats been nothing but trouble - though lots of folks here love them.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I think DK's price point is lower than ERD. He is very reasonable and does excellent work. If you know what you want and can communicate it to him clearly I am sure he can do it. He can the do the halo at an angle... you just have to let him know. Also post the CADS on here and PS'er will help you with the details. I have 2 of DK's ring and he has bent over backwards to make sure that I was/am over the moon happy with my rings.... so I am just a tad bit bias. He really is an awesome jeweler and super easy to work with. :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both do very nice work at their respective pricepoints.
ERD's quote will most likely exceed DK's (I will be very surprised if it does not), but ERD's pave workmanship - both cast and hand-forged - is commensurately superior, as will be their artistic comprehension of your vision. I speak from having seen examples from both in-person and having followed "in-the-making" threads here on PS.
In this industry... you get what you pay for - no shortcuts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results