shape
carat
color
clarity

Dan''s opal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got the opal today :)

No sunlight though
7.gif

It''s very translucent, but the fire is a bit too subtle, I can''t really see it :/ This is my first time buying a crystal opal, so I don''t really know what to expect. I think I"ll wait until sunlight to make a decision.

I kind of like it though, even thought there isn''t much fire to it, it''s still neat :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pics

opalcoolage.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I think it''s cool. I love the opals that have that milky blue look to them. What are the stats?

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love opals - there is something very ethereal about them. I swear if I stare at one long enough a ghost will come out in a wisp of smokiness or something - they are just so different and keep you staring at the swirly colors.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, not quite what I expected either - much more opaque that I thought as well.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG, if you like it, keep it. But I wouldn''t if I couldn''t really see the fire...I love getting lost in opals, not looking for something to get lost in.
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you really like it? I too, only like opals where I can really see the fire. It is up to you though.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A dark background might help a crystal opal "come to life". Place it on some black cloth or something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results