shape
carat
color
clarity

Daniel K uternity ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snbtwins

Rough_Rock
DH is getting me an eternity band for our 10 year anniversary. I never knew how many different styles there were until we started shopping last month, talk about overwhelming.

I finally narrowed it down to the Daniel K Uternity Band, which I love. Unfortunately, we can''t afford it. I found a jeweler who sells this version of that ring. Do you think it is pretty similar? I am not sure about the prongs and I love how delicate the Daniel K looks, can''t tell here if the U''s will be too chunky or not.

This is a terrible scan, sorry!

Thanks,
Suzanne

Attachments

• danielkversion.jpeg.pdf
    69.7 KB · Views: 156

snbtwins

Rough_Rock
Hmm, I don''t think the scan is going to work, it is a pdf

Attachments

• danielkversion.pdf
    69.7 KB · Views: 102

snbtwins

Rough_Rock
I attached the pdf if anyone wants to check it out, thanks.

For some reason, it won''t let me change it to a jpeg. I tried to turn it into a bitmap image, but the image looked terrible.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
It's kind of hard to tell what the ring looks like based on the image in the pdf, it's too faded out to see clearly.

I found this thread where someone was asking about having one custom made, so perhaps this could help you as well? Either way, I know the Daniel K Uternity band has a copyright on it so there may have to be slight changes made to it in order to not infringe on that. Good luck!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I would call Whiteflash and/or Mark at Engagement Rings Direct to see what they could do for you. Looks like you will have to get something custom made that is inspired by the DK Uternity, but not exact, for copyright reasons. But both of these vendors are wonderful, and Im sure either of them could make this happen for you.

Good luck and congrats on 10 yrs!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

eta: This thread may be of interest to you: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-with-eternityband-design.92108/

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I too love that band and have been debating about having something similar made for my WB... Haven''t called about the Daniel K price... do I dare ask?
3.gif

Please let me know what you find out. How many carats do you want?

snbtwins

Rough_Rock
Thanks.

I am working with a jeweler from NYC who is a family friend of a good friend of mine.

They will be changing the inside of the ring, the Daniel K version is very open inside and they are going to close mine up a little bit to make it easier to size in the future if need be. They also said that because the daniel k ring is so open inside, that the diamonds have been getting loose and people have been complaining.

The Daniel K that I saw was 3.8 carats and $18,000. Mine is going to be much smaller, around 2.5 carats. Hopefully it comes out good!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY Cow! I''m glad I asked here instead of calling and sounding like a fool! LOL
Interesting that people are complaining about loose stones, not what I would want for $18k!

I def think that custom is the way to go with this. When you tried on the Daniel K, did it seem thick to you... Like you couldn''t get your fingers to touch? (hope that makes sense) This has been my concern...

I think the size you are going for is great, and I think it will be beautiful! I can''t wait to see it.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 1:40:35 PM
Author: snbtwins
Thanks.

I am working with a jeweler from NYC who is a family friend of a good friend of mine.

They will be changing the inside of the ring, the Daniel K version is very open inside and they are going to close mine up a little bit to make it easier to size in the future if need be. They also said that because the daniel k ring is so open inside, that the diamonds have been getting loose and people have been complaining.

The Daniel K that I saw was 3.8 carats and $18,000. Mine is going to be much smaller, around 2.5 carats. Hopefully it comes out good!

WOW, that sounds gorgeous!!! Please come back with pics when its done, I would love to see how it turns out!! Its going to be beautiful!!!
36.gif

snbtwins

Rough_Rock
I didn''t find the ring uncomfortable at all, the setting is very low.

I will post pictures once I receive the ring next month!

Thanks for all the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results