shape
carat
color
clarity

Danhov settings

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone know who carries Danhov settings?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Someone mentioned on a thread a week or two ago that overstock dot com has a lot of Danhov settings now.

fireweed24

Rough_Rock
That was probably me who mentioned overstock.com. I love Danhov settings and am considering a couple. They do have a lot of Danhov settings for like half price. I was just concerned about their return policy. I placed an order for 2 settings thinking I would just return the one I did not want. They said that I would get a partial refund if the package was opened, so I cancelled my order. They would not tell me how much a partial refund was, but said it depended on how the inspection went.

It still may be worth ordering from overstock if you know the exact setting you want or have seen them in person first.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
fireweed24 said:
That was probably me who mentioned overstock.com. I love Danhov settings and am considering a couple. They do have a lot of Danhov settings for like half price. I was just concerned about their return policy. I placed an order for 2 settings thinking I would just return the one I did not want. They said that I would get a partial refund if the package was opened, so I cancelled my order. They would not tell me how much a partial refund was, but said it depended on how the inspection went.

It still may be worth ordering from overstock if you know the exact setting you want or have seen them in person first.
Nice find! :praise:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I agree it would be great to save a bunch of money by getting the setting from overstock and just have the diamond/stone set by a local jeweler.

However, you'd have to make sure your stone would fit into one of the settings they offer. Taken from their site:
"The Danhov settings you find on Overstock.com are generally 'sample size' rings that were designed as display rings, and thus, cannot be customized or changed. They are sold 'as is'."

Whereas, if you go through JA etc, you can custom order a setting to fit your stone and not hope your stone fits into a setting that you cannot alter..

I also noticed a bad review on one of the settings descriptions being way off on the size center stone the setting could hold:
http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Danhov-14k-Gold-Cubic-Zirconia-and-1-3ct-TDW-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-G-VS2/5074991/product.html

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
Just looked at overstock and some of those danhov ones are droolworthy!!!! Fell in love with the one in the attached photo, and am wondering why you don't see more triangular stones as center stones. Simply gorgeous.

danhov.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I love that one too!

lotsoflove

Rough_Rock
Hi All! This may be a silly question, but do you know if a jeweler can remove the CZ and replace with my diamond? I hear about stones being reset all the time, but not the setting... I currently have a plain setting, and hope to receive a Danhov for Christmas! Thanks for any advice...

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
Just an FYI. I ordered a Danhov setting and from overstock returned it because I was not happy with it. To me it did not look like the stock photo and was a little unfinished. Overstock was great about letting me return it. I have notice that they now have changed all their stock photos to real images and they also have a hand picture.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results