shape
carat
color
clarity

Dangle necklace redo?

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
186545B2-D692-4066-B99F-C3D346EEF089.jpeg
I had this necklace made to repurpose a ring and earrings that I didn’t wear. The sapphires are flopping to the side. The basket setting is deeper than I expected and I’m wondering if bezel setting would have been better. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its very bery pretty
what a great idea

That's a shame its flipping

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s really pretty!! I’ve heard that necklaces like this are prone to flipping, regardless of the setting. Can you try adding a jump ring and shortening the necklace to see if it helps? That might be a $ fix before doing a $$$ resetting fix.
Also, maybe ask the mods to move this to HO or CS where it could get more visibility.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
It’s really pretty!! I’ve heard that necklaces like this are prone to flipping, regardless of the setting. Can you try adding a jump ring and shortening the necklace to see if it helps? That might be a $ fix before doing a $$$ resetting fix.
Also, maybe ask the mods to move this to HO or CS where it could get more visibility.

So oddly enough, the necklace is shorter but I have a 2” extender on in the picture because I thought it would be more stable below my collar bone. Maybe I will try it without and see if it helps.

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
The sapphires will flip less if they are shallower, so yes the deep baskets are not helping in that respect. It would also help if the stones were closer together or the lowest stone was bigger and heavier so that gravity helps keep them straight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results