shape
carat
color
clarity

Dahlia & friends thread (please add yours!)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a sucker for a flower-like basket and the Dahlia is one of my favorites. I noticed the newest iteration on the CVB site is a more modern, streamlined take...and is it me or is it lower set? Thought it might be fun & helpful to start a thread with all its permutations over time as well as similar settings.

I'll add a few images/links to prior threads...if that's not an ok thing to do, let me know and I'll delete iaccordingly.

To start us off, here is that latest Dahlia by CVB inspired design. Does anyone have this version?

upload_2018-4-5_18-37-20.png

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg 's fantabulous reset
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cvb-dahlia-upgrade-3-122-j-vs2-aca.239883/

img-20180331-wa0000-jpg.620592

@Vanilla Bling 's rose + platinum beauty
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-dahlia-setting.233948/

img_2899-png.508995

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great thread, I am waiting on my Dahlia and I will be so excited when I can post it! It’s in production right now!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's an earlier version, I think the earliest in fact - @kayla17 's
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-cvb-rose-gold-platinum-setting.214209/page-4
Interesting how flexible this design is! The more pronounced petals w/ milgrain give it a sweet vintage vibe. I love the rose/white combo.

0c5e8829236f70c6369ce757f03f78be.jpg

Here's the current version on Etsy:
il_570xN.1314334341_655t.jpg

The newest one seems to have less metal on the prongs so the "metal halo" is less pronounced and prongs look finer. I like both looks.

il_570xN.1267102708_jabc.jpg

Photo-Oct-24-5-39-37-PM.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new version is also very pretty! Hard to decide which to like more...=)2

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are top views of my Dahlia. It was the first one made. I exchanged so many emails with Caysie during the process to get it exactly how I wanted it. I wanted more metal in the silhouette/prongs both to protect the diamond and also to have a pronounced flower effect. I think the top view and basket are what makes the ring so special, like a beautiful lotus flower. The height of the shank was purposely made slightly higher too bc I didn’t want a diamond band hitting the basket and chewing away the metal.
I previously had a Leon mege solitaire and the basket on that ring had been worn away from my diamond band.

24C3A9C7-6889-440F-A16E-7CAA4E07E7C7.png 11B88B13-6DF5-4E30-A8B3-CF86164D3624.jpeg F8E73C33-5883-4A99-AB5D-7CA74565376B.jpeg

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are top views of my Dahlia. It was the first one made. I exchanged so many emails with Caysie during the process to get it exactly how I wanted it. I wanted more metal in the silhouette/prongs both to protect the diamond and also to have a pronounced flower effect. I think the top view and basket are what makes the ring so special, like a beautiful lotus flower. The height of the shank was purposely made slightly higher too bc I didn’t want a diamond band hitting the basket and chewing away the metal.
I previously had a Leon mege solitaire and the basket on that ring had been worn away from my diamond band.

24C3A9C7-6889-440F-A16E-7CAA4E07E7C7.png 11B88B13-6DF5-4E30-A8B3-CF86164D3624.jpeg F8E73C33-5883-4A99-AB5D-7CA74565376B.jpeg

ooh! thanks for sharing these! that top view is tdf :kiss2: and i think it makes this version really unique. can i ask if you still have it and enjoy wearing it? any issues with the height of the ring overall?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh! thanks for sharing these! that top view is tdf :kiss2: and i think it makes this version really unique. can i ask if you still have it and enjoy wearing it? any issues with the height of the ring overall?
No. I actually sold it when I upgraded my diamond. No issues with the height at all. It really wasn’t that high. The way the basket of the Dahlia is made, it’s like a bowl. So any diamond band that is 1.5 mm in height or higher will hit it and scratch it up and ruin the basket.
I had the height made to 2 mm. So it wasn’t that high. But just enough that a diamond band wouldn’t be able to touch the basket. My version also had a 2.2 mm wide shank I believe. If you look at the picture below I am wearing it with a 1.7 mm wide diamond band and the difference is not that noticeable. I prefer at least 2 mm on a shank. I feel the shank is otherwise too flimsy. Just my preference.
Also, my version has a pink diamond in the donut. The other Dahlia versions don’t have diamonds in the donut ( I think) so the donut could be made even smaller.

_34751.jpg _33413.jpg
_34748.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, these are all so delicate and beautiful :love::love::love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say that each Dahlia ring is customized with the preferences of the customer. Some want their diamond set high, some low, some with milgrain, some without. Diamond size also has a lot to do with the end appearance. I love that a relatively simple design like this can be so individualized! I especially love the rose gold and platinum combination that @kayla17 did! And @ceg's all platinum with her new diamond is spectaular, as well!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say that each Dahlia ring is customized with the preferences of the customer. Some want their diamond set high, some low, some with milgrain, some without. Diamond size also has a lot to do with the end appearance. I love that a relatively simple design like this can be so individualized! I especially love the rose gold and platinum combination that @kayla17 did! And @ceg's all platinum with her new diamond is spectaular, as well!

Yes! It's fun to see this design in all its permutations. I know there are a few other petal basket rings to add, will look for them this w/e. :mrgreen2:

Last edited:

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am hoping that @ceg, @kayla17 and other cvB Dahlia owners can answer a few of my questions. I am seriously in love with the setting, hoping to join the club one day.

1) I have read some where that Dahlia looks best with a diamond 2.5 ct+. Is that true?
2) I think most diamonds set in Dahlia are old cuts. Will a RMB look odd in it? I had originally planned to just go with a plain shank (half round). but the more I look at @ceg's Dahlia, and @LLJsmom's ring (both I have saved pictures of), I have realized why like theirs so much, it is their paved shank, and the vintage look. which take me to the my 3rd question.
3) @ceg, do you think the diamonds in the paved shank can fall out easily? Will the mill grain work wear out easily? I want an hard wearing ring, will the ring look missing something without the mill grain work?
4) Are there any regrets?

thank you very much!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hoping that @ceg, @kayla17 and other cvB Dahlia owners can answer a few of my questions. I am seriously in love with the setting, hoping to join the club one day.

1) I have read some where that Dahlia looks best with a diamond 2.5 ct+. Is that true?
2) I think most diamonds set in Dahlia are old cuts. Will a RMB look odd in it? I had originally planned to just go with a plain shank (half round). but the more I look at @ceg's Dahlia, and @LLJsmom's ring (both I have saved pictures of), I have realized why like theirs so much, it is their paved shank, and the vintage look. which take me to the my 3rd question.
3) @ceg, do you think the diamonds in the paved shank can fall out easily? Will the mill grain work wear out easily? I want an hard wearing ring, will the ring look missing something without the mill grain work?

thank you very much!

I have not read about the Dahlia looking best with a 2.5+ stone so I am not sure about that. My stone is a MRB and I love it in the Dahlia. I don't think it looks out of place at all. As for the pave shank, it is quite robust. I use an ultrasonic weekly and have had no problems at all. The milgrain is very fine and should last a long time. No regrets AT ALL!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

thank you very much!

I don't have a Dahlia, but I've seen the 2+ct idea floated because of the 8 prongs which could be overwhelming on a smaller stone...but the designer could probably advise you on this and it could be modified to 6 prongs if you wanted. I also think a RMB would look great in that setting. Add yours to the thread when you get it! It is such a pretty setting!

renwea

Shiny_Rock
I don't have a Dahlia, but I've seen the 2+ct idea floated because of the 8 prongs which could be overwhelming on a smaller stone...but the designer could probably advise you on this and it could be modified to 6 prongs if you wanted. I also think a RMB would look great in that setting. Add yours to the thread when you get it! It is such a pretty setting!
IMG_0599.PNG IMG_0648.JPG IMG_0597.PNG I have 8 prongs with a 1.2ct old mine diamond. After about a year of wearing it, I still am in love with the settimg and the diamond.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All are soooo beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results