shape
carat
color
clarity

: D

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Take me off the list please, We're engaged!!

I'll post pictures and the story later but not from my iPhone : )

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!!!!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wahoo!!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations and much happiness to the two of you!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Can't wait to hear the story !

I bet the ring looks fantastic!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! :appl: :appl: Can't wait to hear the story and see your pics!!

vintagelover

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear the story and see pics!!! :)

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!!! Can't wait to see pics and hear your engagement story! :appl:

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Sorry it took so long!! I have a really big exam tomorrow so I'm pulling myself away from studying.

Anyway, we don't really have time to get out much for a "date night" with school and work oh and the pug : P .

We went to The Melting Pot (Fondue restaurant) and I actually thought he was drunk or something. He got up to "use the restroom" like four times, kept dropping things, babbled non-stop about stupid things like the game Words with Friends. Finally when the chocolate came he kept taking me left hand (I was on his left though so this was muy awkward) and was say things like: "I love you, and I really do want to spend the rest of my life with you."

I, thinking he was just being mushy and adorably drunk, was attempting to dip a strawberry in the fondue. I ended up chucking it across the table, it hit the wall and bounced back. While this is happening he kept scooting me towards the end of the booth (the booths are like private little rooms totally closed off from the rest of the restaurant or anyone else). He said something like, "Kerry, I really do love you and I really do want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know in like a week I'll probably do something to make you mad again, but that's okay because you love me. So will you marry me? Kerry *insert full name here* will you marry?" The whole time this was going on I was like.... "Strawberry what?"

Apparently I'm not a crier, in fact I'm actually a giggler. I giggled (which I NEVER do) for like 10 minutes, I still don't think I gave him an answer. Then I had to call my mom and my roommate who, of course, already knew, jerks : P . While I called people Anthony ate all the chocolate, dammit. haha. He was so nervous I thought he was drunk, and he wasn't eating anything. The server brought out a sparkling wine and then we came home.

He told me he had planned a crazy proposal with penguins at Seaworld but it was really hard to get reservations to do it so he ended up just "doing it."
photo_20.jpg
photo%20(1)_4.jpg

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Oh I suck.
The stone is a .61 K GIA princess cut. I think it is a vs2 but it may be a si1, Anthony has the paper work. The setting is .23ct TDW 18kt white gold.

Sorry about the ugly hands, I wear gloves a lot.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well I don't think your hands look ugly...that ring looks great on you!!!! after your exam you should start a thread in SMTB. congratulations again!!!!!!!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is so lovely! Haha, I know how the "wearing gloves a lot" thing goes... I went and got acryllics the other day to hide my terrible stubby nails (you never know when... :tongue:) and have been experimenting on how long they'll last/whether I can go without dissolving them during lab work. When my coworkers noticed, it lead to a lab-wide comparison of what nitrile glove-tortured nails and hands look like! haha

But I digress! Congratulations!! Your fiance and proposal sound so sweet! :D

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Love the proposal and the ring is amazing!!

I totally commiserate on the gloves thing (although yours hands look great!) It was my nails that suffered from gloves. My nails were so happy the day I stopped working in the lab :)

Congrats! :appl: :appl: :appl:

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
asymons412|1301883926|2887151 said:
Your ring is so lovely! Haha, I know how the "wearing gloves a lot" thing goes... I went and got acryllics the other day to hide my terrible stubby nails (you never know when... :tongue:) and have been experimenting on how long they'll last/whether I can go without dissolving them during lab work. When my coworkers noticed, it lead to a lab-wide comparison of what nitrile glove-tortured nails and hands look like! haha

But I digress! Congratulations!! Your fiance and proposal sound so sweet! :D

Nitrile is the reason my nails are so short right now. I just can't work with them being long. Oh well : ) Any advice for the lizzard hands thought? Baby lotion just isn't helping.

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
kagordo4|1301891139|2887206 said:
Nitrile is the reason my nails are so short right now. I just can't work with them being long. Oh well : ) Any advice for the lizzard hands thought? Baby lotion just isn't helping.

Unfortunately, I keep a bottle of lotion at one of my lab's sinks and one at my desk, and just constantly reapply between glove changes/hand washes. Sometimes the industrial-strength moisturizers sold by lab supply companies are really good.

Actually one of my labmates uses an udder cream (weird, but it's good stuff!) called "udderly smooth" ... the cream is typically used for chapped cow udders, but because it's such a good moisturizer, it's been adapted/sold for people-use! Really weird concept, but I have to say, it works pretty well. I just might pick up a bottle to try, come to think of it, because I've developed dry patches on the inside of my thumbs. ;(

Congratulations again!!! At least no one will be focusing on your hands anymore, so much as your ring finger! :lol:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!!!!!!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

That proposal is just SO cute! I'm a giggler too and I can totally picture how your propsal went down in my head, haha. BEAUTIFUL RING! :love:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and I love your proposal! It sounds just wonderful!!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! The ring is so beautiful!

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Lovely ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your poor BF...I can picture the whole thing in my head. Wonder why they get so nervous??? They cant
be thinking you're going to say "NO" right?

Your ring is lovely!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats kagordo! Beautiful ring!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats :appl: so exciting, and i love your ring, its beautiful :love:

great proposal btw, dipping things in cheese or chocolate AND getting a sparkly = great night out =)

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! What a lovely ring!!! :appl:

Oh and the strawberry being thrown and bouncing back was TOOO funny!!! :lol:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Such a cute story and that ring is really beautiful. :appl:

Random question... what does your FSIL think of it... HA!!! :lol:

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love your proposal story, and your ring is gorgeous! :)

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
confusedaisy|1302119627|2889448 said:
Such a cute story and that ring is really beautiful. :appl:

Random question... what does your FSIL think of it... HA!!! :lol:

I have no idea, she hasn't seen it yet. haha. That's a good question though.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to hear what she has to say :lol:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is so lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results