D VS2 or E VS1

D VS2 or E VS1

• D VS2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • E VS1

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
I''m upgrading my stone to a 2.5ct and my budget will allow for a:

D VS2

or

E VS1

Assuming both are eyeclean, which would you choose and why?

Thanks!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for a 3+ carat G/H VS2 (eyeclean). Just don''t care for the cold harsh blue white of D/E ... in any size. Looks fake to me. **shrug** (ducks)

IAmFeralCat

Rough_Rock
I percieve color easily. Not to say there is huge difference between D and E. Its really just more of a mental thing, that you have that "perfect" color. D/VS2 Yum...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would pick which ever is cheaper. Put a D and E next to each other and you likely won't be able to tell the difference. As for VS2 and VS1; VS2's I have never spotted an inclusion in my stone VS2.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I voted E/VS1!
36.gif

As someone who is color sensitive, I''m thinking that this is the best of both worlds.

You are getting the icy whiteness of a D (negligible difference b/n D & E) and the assurance that there will absolutely not be any inclusions visible to the unaided eye.
While most VS2''s are absolutely, without a question, eyeclean, there are times when inclusions can be seen from the pavilion area, for example, if you can get a VS1 and avoid that concern yet still get the "D''ish" color that you are looking for, why not go E/VS1?

I am getting an E/VS2 myself so maybe I''m a little bit biased?
31.gif

All of this being said, a D/VS2 is absolutely a great combo and I could make the same argument for this one. You pay a premium for the D color, however, you are assured the icy whiteness that you are looking for and with a VS2 there will likely be no visible inclusions, thus, why pay for more than you can actually see, right?

Either way, given that the cut is ideal on both, you are assured a winner! When do we get to see pics?
35.gif

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
i love my D radiant stone, and i insisted on D becuase i could tell the difference and i like the white color, i actually think it makes the stone look bigger!. i cant understand the difference, however, between vs2 and vs1. i thought si2 was the limit for eye clean, so i do not even own anything above si2, i am not paying for anything that i cannot percieve with my eye. i do own vs pieces, but not on purpose, they were just estate and happened to be what came in the ring i like. i do not notice any difference with the vs si thing at all, but i do with color. nothing comes close to my D diamond in color. i do have plenty of HI and ii have them because i compromised color for size, but i would have stuck with D if i could have.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I have just had this very dilemma. I was about to buy a perfect E VS1 stone last week, but for some reason I just wasn''t 100% sure about it as I had always wanted a D. I absolutely know I can''t tell the difference between D and E, and both VS1 and VS2 are going to be eyeclean (I''m sure many of us couldn''t tell the difference), but I sort of felt like I was settling for second best. That said, I know I would have been extremely happy with the E, but I held out and today scored a fantastic D VS2 ACA from WF! For me, it was all about knowing I had a D stone - ridiculous and neurotic I admit, but this is such an emotional and once in a lifetime purchase, I wanted to be totally, completely, neurotically happy
37.gif

I obviously vote for the D!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondNut, I just wanted to check we are discussing a round diamond and not another shape?

susi

Shiny_Rock
diamondnut, are the specs the most important criteria?? More than the visual of the stone(s)??

I want to answer that I would buy the stone that is cut the best and thus appears whiter by sending back more white light to the eye.....but if that is not what you are looking for and are buying just based on specs then I would buy the D color....

Good question lorelei....shape would make a big difference.....

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go with whichever is the cheapest also as I wouldn''t be able to see a difference between D/E or VS1/VS2.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I would do E VS2 and go up in carat weight. I would actually go to F, but you did not offer that as an option. F is still colorless.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''d pick the one with the highest brightness, the most fire and the type of contrast/sparkle pattern that appealed most to my eyes. D/VS2 & E/VS1 are virtually impossible to see in a practical observation while their optics will be.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 9:36:45 AM
Author: Rhino
I''d pick the one with the highest brightness, the most fire and the type of contrast/sparkle pattern that appealed most to my eyes. D/VS2 & E/VS1 are virtually impossible to see in a practical observation while their optics will be.
totally agree...

paper specs dont interest me.
(i know i went for a F VVS1 when i first bought... but at the same time i got a pair of G VS studs... which showed how little differance there was visually)

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
2.5+ is a desirable size...if you''re pretty specific about cut quality, what are the odds that you''ll have multiple D-E VS stones to choose between at a price you want to pay?
1.gif
Jon, you don''t think the difference between a high D and low E might be visible in some lighting at just under 3 carats?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results