shape
carat
color
clarity

D Color Diamonds: Is Flouresence Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
I got a book from the library on Diamonds. it is fantastic and I read it in 2 nights.
One section is on flouresence and that it can be a good quality for stones to make them
appear even whiter. It didn''t mention D colored diamonds, whether or not it would be a negative
thing or not.

Can anyone educate me? Should I be passing on D stones With flouresence? ??
33.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
At one time, D color diamonds with fluor were highly valued. Today, colorless diamonds with fluor often sell at a slight discount, so just keep that in mind. Also, just be aware that strong and higher fluor might cause a diamond to look milky or oily. It is rare, but just something to keep an eye out for. Otherwise, just decide whether you like fluor in colorless diamonds and go from there.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes some say it can be a negative but many here actually prefer it. Of course as long as it doesn't make the diamond appear cloudy or milky. I have an E with Medium blue flouresence and I love it.

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
I have a D with Med. Flour. and LOVE the flashes of blue I see in direct sunlight! And it "discounted" the price of the stone just enough so we could afford it so I have to say, Flouresence was the way to go for us!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
You will want to also make sure it''s blue fluorescence and not some other color...e.g., yellow would not be optimal.

The color of the fluor. is sometimes not indicated on the grading report, and quite often the intensity is also inaccurately indicated...may say "faint" when it is actually "medium" or such.

Have it checked out and make sure you look at it under direct sunlight, and that you like the way it looks.

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
We purchased an F colored Isee2 H&A with very strong blue flourescence. It''s a dazzling white that spits fire. 3 VH''s on the BS Gemex, 9.5 on the Isee2 and 1.4 HCA. I know it''s strictly a matter of personal preference, but giving the choice of negligible flourescence or very strong blue on this particular stone...we''d take the strong blue without hesistation.
Some love flourescence and some don''t. Who''s right? I''d say both are correct.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the responses...... I guess it will depend on how the stone looks in person. I saw a radiant the other day and loved it and considering that vs a round......definitely d color though. Would love to hear more thoughts!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results