shape
carat
color
clarity

D.C./MD/Northern VA Custom Work Referral

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkling

Rough_Rock
Am thinking of having a custom setting made for my diamond. Has anyone got anything to say positively or negatively about experiences with

1. Washington Diamonds
2. Boone and Sons
3. Princess Jewelers

Or any other goldsmith (platinumsmith, more accurately)

Thanks so much!

Sparkling

P.S. Links to samples would be great too.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Look further down the page.

Lmurden would recommend Quest Manufacturing in VA, and I'll support that. A bit odd of a place (kind of more a manufacturing facility than a jewler...but I could be wrong, and their marketing and front office, such as it is, will present as a jewler), but recommended by Martin Fuller, Appraiser....and I felt they knew what they were doing with my piece. Affordable, too.

bvt

Rough_Rock
A friend of mine went to In House Jewelers in Jacksonville, MD on a referral to have a custom wedding band made. Referrers and referrees were very happy. They seem to do a lot of custom work for locals as well as DC/Baltimore-area customers. We stopped in to see what they had - small shop, very friendly and involved.

Unfortunately I don''t have pics, but I am interested to see if anyone does have pics of work from other DC-area jewelers.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I secone Quest. They are awesome.

You can''t go wrong with these guys.

Here are some examples:

aring11.jpg

Noobie''s ring

DS00202.JPG

Noobie''s Jubilee ring
yoowho.JPG

My seven stone ring

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Don''t forget about Quest Manufacturing in Old Town VA

JC

Shiny_Rock
We also would recommend Quest. I''ve yet to hear anything bad about what they can provide. Good luck....

9.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I totally third or fourth Quest too! They''re great and very reasonable. They just made me a beautiful pair of martini studs, and they did an awesome job restoring my grandmother''s plat/diamond ring. I actually have an appt with them on Sat!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Ive been planning on giving Quest a call all week to see about making wedding bands. As you can see from above, ive only heard good things. I never realised so many people had items from them!

But they arent in Old Towne... they are in Dunn Loring out near Tysons Corner.

Quest Manufacturing Jewelers, Inc
2304 Gallows Road Suite C
Dunn Loring, VA 22027
703-204-0111
Fax: 703-204-0195
http://www.questjewelers.com/http://www.quest

bvt

Rough_Rock
OK, I used to live in Old Town but I'm not sure I know where Quest is, but then again, I wasn't really looking.
emcry.gif
I will have to check them out too.

Edited a minute later: Oh. No wonder I haven't seen them. Will still find them and check them out.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I also recommend Quest. They are working on *a little something* for me right now. Easy to talk to, quality workmanship, competative prices. Their office is definitely not a jewelry store, but since their specialty is manufacturing, it makes perfect sense to me.

DiamondLil

sparkling

Rough_Rock
So DF went to Quest last week. He was so cute telling me about it while not telling me about it. We played twenty questions-will it have more than 2 side stones? No.
So its a three stone? Yes...

He discussed what he wanted (similar to Noobie''s ring but with the center raised a bit and sides 25% of the size of the center so it will pop) and a shared prong eternity band w/ 2 point stones as a wedding band made at the same time and made so it will be flush with the E-ring (they''re giving him a discount for doing both at once).

Now my only problem is guilt. He said the budget pretty much went out the window. But he saw their work and they spent alot of time with him. He really liked them. It should be ready on tax day. Hopefully we won''t have to hock the ring to pay our taxes!!

Thanks for the recommendations. I''ll post pics when we get it.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad it worked out for you, Sparling. The brothers at Quest are down to earth and easy to talk to. I hope to be posting my own little bauble soon as well.
28.gif

DiamondLil

stonedtodeath

Rough_Rock
I have met with the Quest guys in my "quest" (yeah, funny, eh?). They are very nice, and I would have confidence in their craftsmanship. I have not commissioned work from them (yet), so I can''t speak to that end of it, but as far as first impressions go, they seem like a good choice.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2005 7:37:25 AM
Author: diamondlil
I''m so glad it worked out for you, Sparling. The brothers at Quest are down to earth and easy to talk to. I hope to be posting my own little bauble soon as well.
28.gif

DiamondLil
"Little Bauble" Ha- that''s an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUEST Rocks!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results