shape
carat
color
clarity

CZ practice rings?

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone done this? I'm wondering about ordering a few differently sized rings (1.2-1.5 ct solitaires) to wear daily to help me feel which suits best. I've tried settings in stores, but the experience is short lived.

Any recommendations/links?

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
CrisM|1357146808|3345506 said:
Has anyone done this? I'm wondering about ordering a few differently sized rings (1.2-1.5 ct solitaires) to wear daily to help me feel which suits best. I've tried settings in stores, but the experience is short lived.

Any recommendations/links?
Absolutey! When I was designing my current upgraded eternity set, I had no idea what size melee to use for the bands, not to mention style, profile, etc etc etc. After scouring PS, I came across some of the BEST advice ever, when a poster (long time member & expert) suggested that it's best to buy cheap CZ "replicas" & live with them for a few days.

I can't tell you how much money and disappointment DH & I saved in the process! Remember, most of the pics you see on PS have been blown up, so you'll be suprised how different some things might look on your hand in person.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I think that simply going in to a jeweler and trying on various styles gives you enough insight on preference. I can't imagine that "practice" rings would be very beneficial, but I suppose if you think it might be helpful, then that's all that matters.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I find practice sets to be lifesavers! Or, at least, budget savers ... So far, they've helped me resist the allure of a princess cut eternity, a DBTY, and an asscher five-stone. I still think they look awesome in the abstract/in other people, mind you! I just know it eliminated the urge * for me* and, hey, that's several grand vs. less than $100. There's something about just wearing a thing around in the environment where you'll see it most often that helps to make up the mind ....

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did this, too...and I got them from the Bradford Exchange and Avon, of all places! It was beneficial for me to get used to having something on my hand, and because my job requires me to use my hands all the time. It helped me to gauge (this may sound insane) distance, so I would be aware, and NOT bang my rings. My CZ's took a beating, but my diamonds don't. My e-ring is high set, and sits on top of a Cathedral setting in 4 prongs. Because I "trained" with CZ rings with some considerable size & weight, I have zero to little contact with my rings. As far as size, it made no difference.
Hope this is helpful!
CRM

Landen

Rough_Rock
I recommend you not to buy rings in the online store, as you should be 100% confident with the size, design, real look, etc. It is much better to pay more to the jeweler but to get what you really want.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results