shape
carat
color
clarity

CVD F VS1 thoughts

foreveryours0828

Rough_Rock
I'm buying a LGD but I'm inexperienced and would love to get another opinion. Diamond is a f vs1 ideal, but it is CVD which I hear tend to have some brown.

Based on any experience on here, what are your thoughts on this diamond?

jauhara

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm buying a LGD but I'm inexperienced and would love to get another opinion. Diamond is a f vs1 ideal, but it is CVD which I hear tend to have some brown.

Based on any experience on here, what are your thoughts on this diamond?

I think it's gorgeous. But I do think I see some brown tinge. It could be the lighting on my phone.

foreveryours0828

Rough_Rock
I think it's gorgeous. But I do think I see some brown tinge. It could be the lighting on my phone.

Thank you for your feedback! Do you think the brown tinge calls it out as a lab brown? or do some natural stones also have a bit of brown?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your feedback! Do you think the brown tinge calls it out as a lab brown? or do some natural stones also have a bit of brown?

Grading labs, in the normal D-Z color scale, allow for yellow and brown hues for natural diamonds. Note: this would not apply to fancy color yellow or brown, which are graded differently.

foreveryours0828

Rough_Rock
Grading labs, in the normal D-Z color scale, allow for yellow and brown hues for natural diamonds. Note: this would not apply to fancy color yellow or brown, which are graded differently.

Thanks for this! I was afraid because I kept reading LGD usually have a brown hue which may be a give away that it’s really a LGD oppose to natural but if natural can also have similar browns then I won’t worry.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for this! I was afraid because I kept reading LGD usually have a brown hue which may be a give away that it’s really a LGD oppose to natural but if natural can also have similar browns then I won’t worry.

It's subjective: if you feel that a visible tint would be bothersome, then go with your instinct.
Returns/refunds can be a hassle, depending on the seller.

foreveryours0828

Rough_Rock

I don’t think I would mind a bit of brown. I don’t mind some flaws but what I do mind is a calloutable diamond. I don’t want it to scream lab diamond since I’ve heard browns tend to be the giveaway, I could be wrong.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have several lab stones, all CVD - only one has a brown tint

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok good to know! What Color grade is your brown tint diamond?

It's a G. It was the first one I bought, everything else I've obtained is true to color (J asscher, F EC, E AVR, E EC/mixed cut, G AVR, I cushion, E MRB, H EC, G oval)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results