shape
carat
color
clarity

CvB Norah or JbG 7-stone ring?

yogijen

Rough_Rock
I'm approaching my 5-year anniversary and you all know what that means! More jewelry ;)2

I love the idea of a 7-stone ring with antique cut diamonds and am trying to decide between CvB, JbG, or other vendors. My ring size is 4.75 to 5 and from reading others' experiences, it seems like ~1ctw is the right amount for full finger coverage.

The CvB Norah is a dream and loved by many on PS, but a little out of my budget. There is a similar 7-stone ring offered on JbG that is closer to my budget, but lacks the detailed craftsmanship of CvB. Are there other vendors that you recommend for this style band?

Thanks in advance!

1614808026935.png
CvB Norah

1614808040357.png
JbG band

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I am following this because I want the exact same! I do think though it's hard to compare with CVB. The whole you get what you pay for rings true.

I would be interested to know who else could make an affordable setting. I already have 7 baby omc and was thinking what would be the best way to go about it. There is a lady I am working with that could get a relatively cheap setting made in India but again not sure what the quality would be like.

I think David Klass might be able to make you something that is quite reasonable and maybe more detailed like what you are looking for?

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
@yogijen have you reached out to Caysie to ask for a quote? I don’t know how out of budget her ring is, but if it’s not a lot, maybe she would be willing to work with you.
Regardless, I’m a big fan of getting exactly what you want even if it takes longer to save for it.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
On etsy, not sure if it's been updated since but at least it's a guide

Pricing for the setting only are as follows:
14k golds: $1945
18k golds: $2095
Platinum: $2195

Well matched top tier conflict free old European Cut diamonds (H/VS) will be $1650/ct

yogijen

Rough_Rock
@yogijen have you reached out to Caysie to ask for a quote? I don’t know how out of budget her ring is, but if it’s not a lot, maybe she would be willing to work with you.
Regardless, I’m a big fan of getting exactly what you want even if it takes longer to save for it.

Yes, but I haven't heard from her yet and I wanted to see what other options were out there.

Agreed on holding out for 'the one' vs settling for good enough! TY for the reminder =)2

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drooled over the Norah for three years and bought (and sold) a cheaper antique alternative before I jumped on an opportunity to buy one from another wonderful PSer. The version I have was made with antique OECs that Caysie sourced and matched herself. I love how delicate the ring is, but without feeling flimsy. It’s a beautifully made ring.

I won’t lie - the thought of having a cheaper version made by David Klass has crossed my mind. I didn’t go down that road because I think in the end, I would still wish I had an actual Norah instead of a copy.

Funnily enough, I also considered a JbG OMC band instead, but I decided that I wanted perfect Yoram OECs and started the custom process with Caysie. She showed me a new setting that she was working on called Legacy, and I put down a deposit on that when the Norah showed up for sale. I went from pining after Norah for three years to having a Norah and getting her a sister for my other hand.

ETA: the Legacy band that Caysie is making me will be a size 5.5. She scaled down the OECs accordingly so the diamonds don’t go too far down between the fingers. They’re .12 each and about 3mm. For you, they’ll be even smaller, which also brings down the price. You would need to do a five-stone if you want the bigger bling factor.

stc715

Rough_Rock
I drooled over the Norah for three years and bought (and sold) a cheaper antique alternative before I jumped on an opportunity to buy one from another wonderful PSer. The version I have was made with antique OECs that Caysie sourced and matched herself. I love how delicate the ring is, but without feeling flimsy. It’s a beautifully made ring.

I won’t lie - the thought of having a cheaper version made by David Klass has crossed my mind. I didn’t go down that road because I think in the end, I would still wish I had an actual Norah instead of a copy.

Funnily enough, I also considered a JbG OMC band instead, but I decided that I wanted perfect Yoram OECs and started the custom process with Caysie. She showed me a new setting that she was working on called Legacy, and I put down a deposit on that when the Norah showed up for sale. I went from pining after Norah for three years to having a Norah and getting her a sister for my other hand.

ETA: the Legacy band that Caysie is making me will be a size 5.5. She scaled down the OECs accordingly so the diamonds don’t go too far down between the fingers. They’re .12 each and about 3mm. For you, they’ll be even smaller, which also brings down the price. You would need to do a five-stone if you want the bigger bling factor.

ahh I cant wait to see your Legacy!!

@yogijen, I think cvb has/had (?) some issues with her email so I actually had good luck DMing her on IG when I started the process, then she knew to look out for my email.

Fwiw, I also tried to find cheaper alternatives to Norah but I had my heart set on tiny prongs and just couldn't find anyone online who had that look and wasn't the same/more costly. I wound up using my own (not antique) stones + one that caysie sourced (also modern round) to help bring cost down.

I honestly don't know how to judge if my band is better quality than JbG/David/others but it seems very sturdy and I wear it every day!

yogijen

Rough_Rock
ahh I cant wait to see your Legacy!!

@yogijen, I think cvb has/had (?) some issues with her email so I actually had good luck DMing her on IG when I started the process, then she knew to look out for my email.

Fwiw, I also tried to find cheaper alternatives to Norah but I had my heart set on tiny prongs and just couldn't find anyone online who had that look and wasn't the same/more costly. I wound up using my own (not antique) stones + one that caysie sourced (also modern round) to help bring cost down.

I honestly don't know how to judge if my band is better quality than JbG/David/others but it seems very sturdy and I wear it every day!

Thanks for the advice to reach out on IG! I was able to get in touch with Caysie and she has been very helpful with all my questions!

yogijen

Rough_Rock
Good news! I’ve started the process with Caysie to design a Norah 7-stone band, but I need some input!

Thoughts on mixing cuts? My ER is a round brilliant, but I love the look of OECs in the Norah. I won’t wear the rings together all the time, but wanted it to be an option.

Is the face up color between OECs and MRBs the same? Should I match the color of my ER or go higher in color for the OECs because of the cut and small size of the stones?

Thank you! =)2

yogijen

Rough_Rock
Good news! I’ve started the process with Caysie to design a Norah 7-stone band, but I need some input!

Thoughts on mixing cuts? My ER is a round brilliant, but I love the look of OECs in the Norah. I won’t wear the rings together all the time, but wanted it to be an option.

Is the face up color between OECs and MRBs the same? Should I match the color of my ER or go higher in color for the OECs because of the cut and small size of the stones?

Thank you! =)2

Bump! Moving forward with Caysie on a Legacy version of a Norah band.

Advice please :mrgreen2:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats! It’s a gorgeous setting. I think you should be fine to mix cuts. At the 3mm mark, the difference between the OECs and MRBs won’t be as obvious.

Here’s a pic of my OEC Norah with my mom’s MRB cluster. The Norah is about 3.3mm but I don’t have the specs on the MRBs.
5928252D-8120-4462-94F6-411AF43E8A17.jpeg

As for color, I think your melee can be a lower color because they face up whiter. Maybe get Caysie’s opinion?

yogijen

Rough_Rock
Congrats! It’s a gorgeous setting. I think you should be fine to mix cuts. At the 3mm mark, the difference between the OECs and MRBs won’t be as obvious.

Here’s a pic of my OEC Norah with my mom’s MRB cluster. The Norah is about 3.3mm but I don’t have the specs on the MRBs.
5928252D-8120-4462-94F6-411AF43E8A17.jpeg

As for color, I think your melee can be a lower color because they face up whiter. Maybe get Caysie’s opinion?

Thank you for the advice! Beautiful set and fingers!

Caysie said the OECs face up pretty white and found a nicely matched set in the J-K range.

stc715

Rough_Rock

Ahh! So exciting!! Congrats!! I can't wait to see it and am excited to follow your journey!!

I agree that Caysie would know best but just wanted to share that my ering center stone (J) is actually slightly warmer toned than the stones in my Norah (H/I, I think?) and I can hardly see the difference when I wear everything together.

I can only tell if I'm looking at the side of my ering in certain kinds of lighting.

I told Caysie my ering specs and sent her the 4 stones I had. She sourced the center stone for my Norah and matched everything beautifully.

yogijen

Rough_Rock

Sharing a video of the OEC stones sourced from Adam at OWD. 3mm each, VS, and J-K.

I can’t wait to see Caysie work her magic and transform these stones into a Legacy band! Ty @JPie for the inspiration!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see it! It’ll be gorgeous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is a Legacy band? I am not sure if I have seen that???

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I KNOW right? I just needed to share because I needed someone else to die over them also. Stuff of dreams.

I love these, @stc715 !! I just adore all of Bell and Bird’s pieces, both antique and bespoke❤️❤️❤️...but these bands are spectacular!
Rfisher’s right- either or both of these bands would be my ready, set, go piece(s). And of course, a Norah on my right hand :D

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a Norah band from the top view, but from the side it has donuts instead of crowns! Norah on the left and Legacy on the right.

F9A3B895-1BEE-4717-93AB-45CD8FACC1A6.jpeg

Holy crap that’s my dream band!!! So glad I got it in platinum with Yoram OECs. The wait is so much harder now!

I wonder if the diamonds will look even better in the Legacy with more light coming through the gallery than the Norah...

yogijen

Rough_Rock
Holy crap that’s my dream band!!! So glad I got it in platinum with Yoram OECs. The wait is so much harder now!

I wonder if the diamonds will look even better in the Legacy with more light coming through the gallery than the Norah...

My thoughts exactly! Maximum sparkle :kiss2:

I can’t wait!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
It's going to be beautiful!!! :love: I bet you're beyond excited!

ruffrock

Rough_Rock
I’m team Legacy. I was team legacy but with a small finger the stones can’t go beyond a certain size.

I think will see a PS run on these and everyone needs one in platinum and yellow gold.

What colour and clarity OEC’s is Caysie using in the YG versions?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results