shape
carat
color
clarity

CvB CADS

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
After recommendations from Niel and MissBliss, I contacted Caysie on Saturday and have been working with her to make my dream ring. She is a dream to work with. Always prompt with replies over my crazy concerns and panic attacks.

Here are the CADS. I am loving it but wanted to see what the gurus think....
The three flowers in the gallery with 3 birthstones are for my 3 kids, an emerald, citrine and tourmaline.

I can't say thank you enough to Niel and MissBliss for pointing me to CvB.

_17853.jpg

_17854.jpg

_17855.jpg

_17856.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Here's another and also the inspiration ring that got me in all this trouble!!

_17857.jpg

_17858.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW...That's going to be stunning!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring & I love the birthstones :love:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I continue to be impressed with what I'm seeing from CvB Designs. Caysie's design has delicate miligrain and a really pretty floral basket design. This looks like a beautiful beginning to a really special ring!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the real thing! :love: :love: :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh yay I'm so glad she managed to work in your budget. What metal will you be using?

I think it looks beautiful, my only question would be about the basket design. I wonder if IRL the leaves will look a bit heavy. Maybe less metal might lighten it up. Also, Those birthstones are all very soft, will they be fine set in the side of the ring? does Caysie have any concern about the durability? will you be wearing this with a w band?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. This is my first custom work and it has been nerve wreaking but super fun all at the same time. I read in a post someone said that they can't wait to see the finish product but don't want the process to end cause its's so much fun. I agree and understand the feeling, I totally feel the same way too. :lol: :lol:
MissBliss, I agree that this ring is turning out better than the inspiration ring. The design has exceeded my expectations and Caysie is so so awesome to work with.
AHA!! I knew there was a reason to post these CADS. Good question Niel. I think the leaves will be delicate enough after all the filling and polishing, We have been struggling to keep the structural integrity of the ring with having the cutouts on the leaves. I never even thought about the birthstones. I will ask Caysie to inset the stones because I am so hard on my rings. :blackeye: :bigsmile: Caysie thinks that the ring would be durable enough to wear everyday. The way the gallery is constructed, I will have a tiny gap between the bands, which I like if I decide to wear it with a band. The gallery is so pretty I am not sure I want to hide it with a band.

I have not decided if we are going to do any engraving on the rest of the shank or less is more? BTW, it is done in 18k white gold.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caysie is doing some beautiful designs! I think it looks great except I am not sure about all the metal next to that top stone on the shank. I also prefer a rounded shank and do not like the ergo shank, but that's just me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! If it were mine, I would do the the following (as described in the pictures) but as always, these are only suggestions and it is up to you.

_17867.jpg

_17868.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1399556588|3668438 said:
It's gorgeous! If it were mine, I would do the the following (as described in the pictures) but as always, these are only suggestions and it is up to you.
These are the two suggestions I would make, aside from my concerns with the durability of the birth stones. I think if the leaves just had a slight cutout, even just in the base, would make them a tad more delicate. But that's only if that's what you're going for.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for taking the time to look over the CADS. I really appreciate it. ;))

RE: the diamonds on the shank, Caysie said between the millgrain, prongs and the diamond, it will fill up the empty spaces in the shank. The diamonds size will graduate big to small as it goes down the shank..... so I hope/think it will work out.
RE: the cutout on the base, I will ask her if this can be done with out messing up the durabilty of the ring. The original design was more intricate but we could not keep the structural integrity of the intact without keeping the height of the ring crazy high! :o

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondbug|1399559850|3668467 said:
RE: the diamonds on the shank, Caysie said between the millgrain, prongs and the diamond, it will fill up the empty spaces in the shank.

Have you confirmed this with her? Her answer doesn't make much sense to me because the lower half also shows diamond, prongs and milgrain, yet doesn't show a lot of metal "gaps".

_17869.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Chrono, thanks for pointing that out. I did speak to Caysie about it and we are now going with a bigger diamond. :appl: So hopefully that is settled. :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see this one made. It's going to be gorgeous!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't comment on another vendors work, but my only thought would be to make sure you want to keep milgrain on the inside of the shank - just pondering how it will feel rubbing against your skin all the time. The outer milgrain (against adjacent fingers) shouldn't be an issue - no different than wearing a pave ring or engraved ring. But something about the milgrain on the inside of the shank is giving me pause. Just food for thought.

Beautiful design!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Ericad thank you for bringing that up..... so many things to think about when designing a ring..... never had to worry about this when getting a ready made setting! :lol: I will bring it up with CvB.

So Caysie has been so sweet with all my suggestions and concerns. She modified the CADS to show the changes. The stones now sits higher and the halo is barely showing, making the stone looking like a hexagon, which I love. And she changed to bigger melee at the top of the shank. :appl: :appl:

cads2.jpg

_17871.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love this last set of cads. What size is the stone?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
The stone is MRB that measures 7.75mm.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is better! I agree with Erica on the milgrain next to your finger. Not only am I not sure about having a rough edge that I could feel, I also know that the milgrain would gradually show wear there.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had milgrain next to my finger on one of my rings (BGD ring). It was comfortable. But it did wear. So that's something you should be aware of.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If this is "getting in trouble", I want trouble too!
It's fun to see the design being tweaked with the help of the PS design community.
It's going to be quite beautiful! :appl:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Now that the CADS and rendering process is done, I am going crazy waiting and so to keep myself occupied I'm looking/browsing at more bling and getting more ideas!! LOL I am so grateful and thankful for all the advise and suggestions. I think the ring will tun out great. :appl: Since I already have more rings than I can wear I think the next project will have to be some earings...... :lol: already planning, looking/browsing colored stones!! :naughty:

Need to tell myself to concentrate on the CURRENT project first!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondbug- did you ever finish this ring and if you did, do you mind posting pictures of it?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
RandG said:
Diamondbug- did you ever finish this ring and if you did, do you mind posting pictures of it?
Yes I did but I owned the ring for a total of two weeks. My husband brought it to me while I was visiting family overseas and my sister took a liking to it and we swapped rings for bit. Well we forgot to un-swapped before going home and the ring is hers now. She asked to buy it and so since she has possession, I said yes ;)) This is the reason for the new project, it is my replacement ring.

I have a few photos of it but never had a chance to do an actual photo shoot since things were just crazy at that time.

20140603_110707.jpg

20140603_110704.jpg

20140604_181153.jpg

20140604_181314.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing-- what a win for your sister too!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
RandG said:
Thank you for sharing-- what a win for your sister too!

She really loved the ring and it made her happy so I had to say yes :)) And I have no problem shopping and designing another ring... just wish I had the chance to wear the ring a little longer ;))

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you go for a similar design this time? I think the beads around the stone are really unusual - makes a change from diamond halos.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I think the finished product is beautiful! I love CvB designs. :appl:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I will definitely have the beaded halo in the new ring but I was going with a different style setting but after looking at the CADs and photos of the ring again.... well I might just have to change it back to this ring.....man I need to win the lottery or something so I can have multiple e-ring!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results