shape
carat
color
clarity

Cutting diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigrock

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know which companies actually cut their own diamonds? Whiteflash? Tiffany? HOF? Eightstar?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiffany does not cut their own diamonds.

The better question is, what companies cut their own diamonds as well as invest in marketing to create a brand?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Correction. Tiffany nowadays does cut part of their own diamonds.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Technically, I do not believe that Whiteflash cuts their own diamonds either. My understanding is that they have an supplier arrangment with a cutting company to produce their diamonds to thier specifications. Such arrangments are not that uncommon - and it can certainly be said that Whitflash controls the cutting process. I do not belive that you will find anywhere a cutting company with the name "Whiteflash" (or that all of their cutters on the Whitflash payroll).

I am not sure if Whiteflash is directly buying rough and supplying it to the cutting company to have cut - or if they are letting the cutting company buy the rough.

Perry

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 7:32:24 AM
Author: perry
Technically, I do not believe that Whiteflash cuts their own diamonds either. My understanding is that they have an supplier arrangment with a cutting company to produce their diamonds to thier specifications. Such arrangments are not that uncommon - and it can certainly be said that Whitflash controls the cutting process. I do not belive that you will find anywhere a cutting company with the name ''Whiteflash'' (or that all of their cutters on the Whitflash payroll).

I am not sure if Whiteflash is directly buying rough and supplying it to the cutting company to have cut - or if they are letting the cutting company buy the rough.

Perry

Correct on how they get cut.
Brian flies over there every couple months to supervise production but they are produced by an outside company on a dedicated line.
The cutting company buys the rough from DeBeers they are a sightholder.

Eightstar and Paul''s Infinity Diamonds are the only 2 I know of that cut all of there own diamonds.
HOF is cut under contract similar to what whiteflash does from what I understand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brian flies over where, Storm? Who is their cutter?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 8:45:02 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Brian flies over where, Storm? Who is their cutter?

Id tell ya but then Id have to shoot ya :}
Just kidding, I don''t know who it is.
Its a trade secret to WF, I doubt if they would tell anyone.
WF don''t want their competition knowing who it is, which makes sense.
They are in Antwerp is all that''s public info.

Brian is a skilled cutter himself but the volume is too high for him to cut them himself and rough is too hard to get so they contract it out under Brian''s supervision.

bigrock

Rough_Rock
Does that mean that ALL the ACAs are cut in Antwerp? Could it be that some ACAs are actually diamonds from other sources that already meet the ACA specs? In other words, some of them are not cut by Whiteflash.

What about other brands like HOF or Eightstar? Could some of the diamonds sold by these companies diamonds that simply meet their specs and need not necessarily be cut by them?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/12/2006 5:58:45 AM
Author: JulieN
Tiffany does not cut their own diamonds.

The better question is, what companies cut their own diamonds as well as invest in marketing to create a brand?
Not only Tiffany cut their own diamonds, they do their own cutting in numerous locations in the world...

And for your info., Tiffany was the first US retailer to cut diamonds on US soil..., and that was in the late 1800''s

Untill last year i think, Tiffany was a Diamond Mine owner too.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2006 9:55:19 AM
Author: bigrock
Does that mean that ALL the ACAs are cut in Antwerp? Could it be that some ACAs are actually diamonds from other sources that already meet the ACA specs? In other words, some of them are not cut by Whiteflash.

all ACA diamonds are cut at the same place on the same line, some ES diamonds come from elsewhere

What about other brands like HOF or Eightstar? Could some of the diamonds sold by these companies diamonds that simply meet their specs and need not necessarily be cut by them?

Eightstar cuts there own HOF contracts production as far as I know. Eightstar does not sell diamonds not cut by them.

bigrock

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the answers.
1.gif

mdx

Brilliant_Rock

Bigrock

I believe HOF now belongs to one of the Indian sightholders and is possibly cut at one of their factories in India.

Johan

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/13/2006 10:30:42 PM
Author: mdx

I believe HOF now belongs to one of the Indian sightholders and is possibly cut at one of their factories in India.

Johan

49% of HOF is owned by an Indian sightholder, and the stones are cut in their factory in China.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results