shape
carat
color
clarity

Cutting an AVC to AV star

Fantspants

Rough_Rock
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the pricing of cutting a GOG august vintage cushion into the august vintage star? Jonathan isn't there today so I wont get my "official" response until at least tomorrow.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Is the AVC from his current inventory, or one you own?

Although you'd be going from one of his proprietary cuts to another one, I imagine it would still be $800 per carat of the original stone + royalty fees since the procedure and labor to cut an August Vintage remains the same.

Please let us know what Jonathan says.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's not a recut, it's just some pavilion facet tweaking, I think. It should not be nearly as expensive as cutting an AVC from scratch. However, Jonathan is the only one who can answer. I really can't recall anyone here ever doing that. There will be the additional cost of having the stone regraded by AGS.

Fantspants

Rough_Rock
It's one in their inventory I am considering, I will let you guys know :)

Fantspants

Rough_Rock
Had a very quick response from GOG just over $400 to go from an AVC to a star which includes the cutting/pavilion facet tweaking, shipping and re certification. Very reasonable I find. Potentially useful for someone in the future. This is for a diamond around the 1ct size.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing your finding, Fantspants. :read: This information will be valuable to others, especially with so few AVC Star diamonds in inventory. Please share if you decide to get your stone recut. :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you post a picture of the AV star please?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results