shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Hi All!

I''m continuing to soak up all the information on this site, and I have a question. Do all well cut round brilliants have the hearts and arrows configuration when looked at through at Idealscope, or are there other well cut diamonds that have a different look?

Thanks in advance for educating me on this!!!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
No they do not all show the H&A pattern. H&A stones are usually the top of the excellent or ideal grades and usually come with a premium due to often times having better light performance. However, stones that do not show the H&A pattern are also great performers.... H&A are usually alot tighter and precisely cut. Other diamonds may have a pattern very close to an H&A but not as precise/perfect/symmetric.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 12:24:18 PM
Author:karend26
Hi All!

I'm continuing to soak up all the information on this site, and I have a question. Do all well cut round brilliants have the hearts and arrows configuration when looked at through at Idealscope, or are there other well cut diamonds that have a different look?

Thanks in advance for educating me on this!!!
No. Also some hearts and arrows diamonds may not always be top performers. Conversely some top performing diamonds may not show hearts and arrows.

Also even if a diamond shows a strong arrows and hearts pattern, this does not mean it meets the strict criteria to be considered a true h&a diamond.

Further reading here - http://diamonds.pricescope.com/hna.asp

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm...so does anyone have an example of a diamond that is ideal cut but doesn''t have the hearts and arrows pattern???

Thanks!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 12:59:17 PM
Author: karend26
Hmmm...so does anyone have an example of a diamond that is ideal cut but doesn't have the hearts and arrows pattern???

Thanks!!!
Do you mean photographs? It might be best if you took a look in a local jewellery store to see examples of each, such as Hearts on Fire branded H&A and just some well cut stones which are non H&A to get a good idea of which you prefer, especially if you are trying to decide for your own ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results