shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut over color vs. clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ejlb

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy a 2.7ct + upto 3.5cts. i''ve been given an EGL USA G -SI2 with Hearts and Arrows for a total ct weight of 3.07 at $27K including a 1.5 cts in a setting. my concern is the color and the Si2. is this a good price? i''ve searched all over the internet to get a general idea of what everyone''s price are and I found one called DimondonNet.com has very good prices and supposedly they are a wholesalers to other retail/brokers for retail stores. i''m not familiar with Si2 however the broker i''m dealing with says that it is a hearts and arrow cut with G and very eye clean Si2 so should I go with this? at this cost, i thought it was a good value. anyone?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can use the search engine on this page to get a comparitive price.
I would be very worried by just about everything you wrote in your post. Reading the tutorial here might help.
This stone wll have easily seen inclusions. there is a lot to learn, but if you want to just get a diamonds and have a happy life that is cool too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen the stone? Is it eyeclean to your standards?

EGL is often loose in colour and clarity compared to AGS/GIA, so the SI2 might well have been graded lower by AGS or GIA. Same for colour.

joxxxelyn

Shiny_Rock
Ask them to prove the hearts and arrows and see if there is a return policy in which you can get it appraised.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2010 1:11:24 AM
Author:ejlb
I am looking to buy a 2.7ct + upto 3.5cts. i''ve been given an EGL USA G -SI2 with Hearts and Arrows for a total ct weight of 3.07 at $27K including a 1.5 cts in a setting. my concern is the color and the Si2. is this a good price? i''ve searched all over the internet to get a general idea of what everyone''s price are and I found one called DimondonNet.com has very good prices and supposedly they are a wholesalers to other retail/brokers for retail stores. i''m not familiar with Si2 however the broker i''m dealing with says that it is a hearts and arrow cut with G and very eye clean Si2 so should I go with this? at this cost, i thought it was a good value. anyone?
then why are they selling to you? think about it.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking to buy a 2.7ct + upto 3.5cts. i've been given an EGL USA G -SI2 with Hearts and Arrows for a total ct weight of 3.07 at $27K including a 1.5 cts in a setting. my concern is the color and the Si2. is this a good price? i've searched all over the internet to get a general idea of what everyone's price are and I found one called DimondonNet.com has very good prices and supposedly they are a wholesalers to other retail/brokers for retail stores. i'm not familiar with Si2 however the broker i'm dealing with says that it is a hearts and arrow cut with G and very eye clean Si2 so should I go with this? at this cost, i thought it was a good value. anyone?
Hi ejlb and welcome!

Several red flags here....We have no idea of the cut quality so you would need to post all the info from the report. Do you know if this diamond is eyeclean to your particular standards? As to this company being a wholesaler, if they sell to the public they are a retailer. If you want to go for this diamond then make any sale final on it checking out as sold with an independant appraiser, see the link below to find an appraiser in your area.

appraiser listing

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 5:50:42 AM
Author: Lorelei

Hi ejlb and welcome!

Several red flags here....We have no idea of the cut quality so you would need to post all the info from the report. Do you know if this diamond is eyeclean to your particular standards? As to this company being a wholesaler, if they sell to the public they are a retailer. If you want to go for this diamond then make any sale final on it checking out as sold with an independant appraiser, see the link below to find an appraiser in your area.

appraiser listing
ditto this.

In my experience, consumers usually do not benefit from buying from "wholesalers" because such retailers use that guise to offer fewer beneficial policies to their customers -- return and inspection periods, buyback, upgrades, etc often are missing. And especially do not buy a diamond in cash to "save the taxes". This usually means to receipt and no receipt means no recourse for consumers in the event of something going wrong (e.g., appraisal differetn that cert etc).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results