shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut Colour or Clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

satelite

Rough_Rock
I currently have a good cut 2.06ct I SI1 diamond ring
and wish to upgrade the quality. I am spending $25,000
Looking at Hearts and Arrows or Ideal Cut. Have been
disappointed with milkiness and sparkle of current diamond.
Looking at VS2 or SI1 clarity. Does it matter if its
Ideal or H&A or F or G cut? Wouldn''t mind upping the
ct size with extra money. THinking Hearts and Arrows
F SI1 and whatever weight I get for my money. OR should
I go VS2 on the clarity and lower size?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Clarity is graded table up. When people say "eye clean" they are referring to what you can see looking down into the diamond. Typically, you would want higher clarity in a larger diamond. Larger carat weight VS2 diamonds can have eye visible inclusions which can be seen thru the pavillion (side). Not always, tho. It will really depend on the size, type, color, and location of the inclusion(s), and style of mounting you select.

The clarity grade can be determined by 1 defining inclusion, say a rather large crystal. If the crystal is well located, cut and/or mounting may hide the inclusion. The quality of the cut can help hide inclusions. Well cut diamonds also "face up" whiter and brighter than their actual color grade. Color is graded table (top) down, bottom up, from the side, against a white background.

A diamond can be a Hearts and Arrows diamond, and not be Ideal cut. Ideal cut diamonds don't always display clean, crisp, true H&A patterns.

If you follow this link:

http://www.pricescope.com/sift.asp

you can search among very well cut diamonds. There are currently 15 diamonds available that are 2+ carat in size within your price range.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results