shape
carat
color
clarity

Customs Fee - DHL or UPS

1amaN00b

Rough_Rock
About to try my luck with stargem on a pair of 1ct earrings. I've been reading ppl got charged custom fees with UPS and DHL. What's your experience? Any tips to minimize the charge? Is one service better than the other?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
About to try my luck with stargem on a pair of 1ct earrings. I've been reading ppl got charged custom fees with UPS and DHL. What's your experience? Any tips to minimize the charge? Is one service better than the other?
It depends on how much the purchase is. I think it has to be a $1,000 for there to be a duty. I had to pay $150 with DHL through customs..paid directly to customs..because my cluster ring was well over that..I previously ordered my pendant from Tianyu and because that was well under a $1,000..no fee with DHL going through customs..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Not sure if you’re american or Canadian. But if you’re Canadian, you’re only allowed $20 CAD duty free. Usually the Chinese companies will write a lower value on the form because they know it helps you out with duties

1amaN00b

Rough_Rock
Ok thank you! I'm in the states so maybe different laws here

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Ok thank you! I'm in the states so maybe different laws here
People were only be charged through UPS over a couple of weeks because there was some sort of service issue with DHL. UPS will send a bill to the customer after delivery in the US. Usually in Canada, the taxes have to be paid to get the package released. With DHL, they will factor in the custom’s duty with the price already using Speekpak with 3 day business shipping. There are no other fee’s since it is part of their quoted price. Both companies will mark it as CZ with usually a value of no more than $50. The only time they refused to do this is when the cost of the total rings was over $1000 due to replacement costs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results