shape
carat
color
clarity

Customized LOGR with cuprian

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First the mounting. It's exactly like the 6mm mount I have for my rubellite, but this one is in 18K gold and made to fit an 8.3mm stone. It came out great, and he kept the proportionality. As you can see the split shank is wider, and everything is larger in proportion. It's a heavy ring, and I like the warmth of the 18K gold. For me, I think cuprians look great in yellow gold. Both rings have upgraded diamonds.

TL18KLOGR1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here they both are from the side. That fat thing they're sitting on is my ugly finger.
14.gif

TL18KLOGR2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the 8.3mm cuprian. This stone is so hard to photograph with my new digicam. It doesn''t want to focus for some reason.

TL18KLOGRcuprian1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This picture was taken while being shaded under the desk in a very dim room on a cloudy day.

TL18KLOGRcuprian2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

TL18KLOGRcuprian6.JPG

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think I would have recognized them as the same ring. I love it in the 18k....what vision you had to "design" that ring. I LOVE it. I hadn''t heard of cuprian....I am going to go google it.

Wear your ring in good health!!!!
21.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more for now. . .

TL18KLOGRcuprian7.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
TL, that ring is perfection, and I love that you put it in yellow gold. If you're not offended, I may just put my BB tourmaline in that same setting! And after our discussion last night, don't you dare stop with the pics - I want more! For comparison purposes, how many millimeters is your rubellite?

ETA: oh, duh, your first post said it's a 6mm setting, so I'm guessing your rubellite is 6mm. I'm brilliant!
41.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
t_l- It looks wonderful! I am not much for yellow gold in general, but I agree that it does suit your cuprians!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 7:58:01 PM
Author: cellentani
TL, that ring is perfection, and I love that you put it in yellow gold. If you're not offended, I may just put my BB tourmaline in that same setting! And after our discussion last night, don't you dare stop with the pics - I want more! For comparison purposes, how many millimeters is your rubellite?

ETA: oh, duh, your first post said it's a 6mm setting, so I'm guessing your rubellite is 6mm. I'm brilliant!
41.gif

Thanks SDL, Bookworm, Flygirl, IceKid!!

Cellentani,
Thank you for the kind words!
Why would I get offended? When I get it set, I'll take some sunshine pictures, but I'll probably post them in SMTR. I think the ColoredStoners have had enough of my cuprians for now.
emwink.gif
14.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey TL, I''ve got another question about your setting. Do the pear-shapes on each side of the ring bother you when you wear the ring? I''m wondering if the milgrain on them would rub against my other fingers, especially since they sit a tad higher than the rest of the shank, but maybe it''s comfortable IRL.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 11:02:32 PM
Author: cellentani
Hey TL, I''ve got another question about your setting. Do the pear-shapes on each side of the ring bother you when you wear the ring? I''m wondering if the milgrain on them would rub against my other fingers, especially since they sit a tad higher than the rest of the shank, but maybe it''s comfortable IRL.

Good question. Sometimes they bug me, but not enough to make me go crazy. In fact, I didn''t think about it until you asked the question.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I think cuprians look great with yellow gold, I''m going to throw a wrench in things: how does it look with rose gold? I''m just curious.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 11:05:38 PM
Author: Chrono
While I think cuprians look great with yellow gold, I''m going to throw a wrench in things: how does it look with rose gold? I''m just curious.
Some cuprians look great with rose gold. Unfortunately, this is not one of them. I know because I tried with this stone to set it in one of my empty rose gold settings.
14.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
TL, I love both versions of this ring, but the color of that neon blue, OMG!
6.gif
It glows!

As you said, I think both versions are well proportioned and I like that LOGR pays attention to those. How can we live without LOGR now?
9.gif

One photo tip for you: the auto focus won''t work when you are trying to picture something that is very bright. Imagine the poor camera, doesn''t know where to focus when it is pointed to so many bright facets! Try to use manual shooting if one is available. Or focus the lens to the point right next to the center stone, then move the little aiming square to the center stone, and fire the camera without focusing again. (pardon my poor terminology - you can tell that I am no professional
14.gif
)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 11:07:53 PM
Author: yingh
TL, I love both versions of this ring, but the color of that neon blue, OMG!
6.gif
It glows!

As you said, I think both versions are well proportioned and I like that LOGR pays attention to those. How can we live without LOGR now?
9.gif

One photo tip for you: the auto focus won''t work when you are trying to picture something that is very bright. Imagine the poor camera, doesn''t know where to focus when it is pointed to so many bright facets! Try to use manual shooting if one is available. Or focus the lens to the point right next to the center stone, then move the little aiming square to the center stone, and fire the camera without focusing again. (pardon my poor terminology - you can tell that I am no professional
14.gif
)
Yingh,
I did try focusing off to the side of the stone, as you stated, but this stone won''t focus, but then I didn''t move the square over the stone!!! I''ll try manual shooting. Thanks for the tips and the kind words.

Adah

Shiny_Rock
Both rings are stunning, but the wider split shank and YG bring something new to the table thats for sure.

The cuprian has the most amazing colour I''ve ever seen!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful. I''m so glad that you put your new ring next to the rubellite for comparison. I''m enjoying your pictures, TL. It''s so fun looking at other peoples collections!!
36.gif
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Adah,
Kind of humbled by that statement
emembarrassed.gif
Actually, there are far many more beautiful gems on PS. I just got a new digicam, and it takes nice macro pics.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2009 11:29:56 PM
Author: mochi
That''s beautiful. I''m so glad that you put your new ring next to the rubellite for comparison. I''m enjoying your pictures, TL. It''s so fun looking at other peoples collections!!
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks Mochi, and it''s fun looking at yours as well!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL- Both gems and ring looks fatastic, You really know your gems and the setting that will just make them POP! They are quite stunning!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Amazing TL, looks fantastic!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
love
30.gif
love
30.gif
love
30.gif

Wow TL, you know how much I love your cuprians and it just gets better and better. That is stunning!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely! Is the cuprian from Barry?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks D&T, Gailey, Kribbie.

Date: 5/27/2009 8:39:49 AM
Author: stepcutnut
Thanks SCN, No, it's from an ebay purchase from a few years ago. I had the stone recut recently. The stone was GIT certed copper bearing.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
TL that is fantastic! That is one of my favorite color combos - I love it. You did a fantastic job!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 8:44:35 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Thanks D&T, Gailey, Kribbie.

Date: 5/27/2009 8:39:49 AM

Thanks SCN, No, it''s from an ebay purchase from a few years ago. I had the stone recut recently. The stone was GIT certed copper bearing.
TL-may I ask who did your recut-they did a lovely job and I have a stone that is in serious need of a new cut!?!?!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 9:14:45 AM

TL-may I ask who did your recut-they did a lovely job and I have a stone that is in serious need of a new cut!?!?!
I wish I could say, but this person did it as a one time favor since I asked many moons ago, and he thought it was worth recutting. I am currently trying to find someone that specifically does recuts for a job, but I cannot find anyone as talented as this cutter.
8.gif

It's like beauty school, the new ones practice on your gems first before they become proficient at cutting gems to sell on their own.

Dan Stair will do recuts.

. . . btw Thanks ahappygirl!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wow that combo is stunning.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results