shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Victor Canera Engagement Ring

mchung

Rough_Rock
I had the opportunity to work with Victor during January 2016 to create a bespoke engagement ring for my fiancé after I was referred to him by my diamond consultant. The referral was mainly from my request to find not only a super ideal cut round brilliant diamond, but also the requirement of having a custom hand forged setting. It turned out that Victor was exactly what I was looking for and I would recommend him to any and all of my friends and colleagues that are looking for diamonds or engagement rings.

We communicated once through telephone and the rest were through emails and sketches to create the setting. My professional background was from the luxury industry and I had numerous requirements for the diamond and setting that I was searching for. During my visits to the jewelry stores in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Macau, none of the sales staff in all the stores I visited were able to meet my requirement of a hand forged custom setting and/or a super ideal cut round brilliant diamond. Victor's one-stop-shop was able to meet all of my requirements and blew away both me and my fiancés expectations.

Since my fiancé and I used to work in the luxury industry, we have friends and former colleagues who currently work in Cartier and DeBeers who gave us great access and time to their internal sales tools and even the Iris diamond demonstrator machine from the DeBeers. In fact, after I proposed to my fiancé, since I purposely did not give her any of the specifications to the diamond on the ring that I purchased from Victor, she decided to take it to our friend's store who works at DeBeers so that she could have their sales team try to decipher the specifications from the diamond.

At the start of the process, they used a 10X loupe and tried their hardest to try to find flaws and imperfections in the stone. At that time, they thought they saw a couple of inclusions on the stone and tried to comfort my fiancé not to be disappointed as I should have bought the ring from them; however, their store manager then asked their store associates to thoroughly clean the ring and do a reassessment. After the cleaning, not only were the so-called inclusions gone, but they were able to give the diamond a rating very close to the one specified on the AGS certificate. To evaluate the cut, they put the ring into the Iris diamond demonstrator machine so that they check the cut quality of the diamond. That was when the store staff realized that the diamond they were evaluating was one of the best quality diamonds they had ever evaluated, whether it was from their inventory or brought in from a customer.

I completely agree with the other testimonials regarding the benefits of Victor's level of quality and service. Thank you so much for your help, Victor. You can be sure that I will recommend you to anyone I encounter that is looking for an engagement ring and will be contacting you for design and purchase of our wedding bands!

Best personal regards,

Michael

img_12522.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement and thank you for sharing your rich and thoughtful story. Both the ring as well as the setting are stunning!!
Please share more pics of the beautiful ring.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Now please give us specs, and MORE PICTURES!!!!!! We love details about bling!

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean said:
Congratulations!! Now please give us specs, and MORE PICTURES!!!!!! We love details about bling!

+1!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael, congrats to you and your fiancé! You sure did your homework. Now we need more details and specs and a TON more pictures! Please add your ring to the Victor Canera thread too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful ring - tell us how big the stone is!

Q

Queenie60

Cogratulations. Your ring is beautiful.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful story! How fun!!! I'm a huge Victor fan too!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, his stones and work are magnificent!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, but we need more pictures!!! :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the side shot of the details on your fiance's ring. More pictures please! (and thanks for sharing your story).

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! More pictures please!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the engagement! I'm currently working with Victor too and agree that he is top notch! I would love to see more pictures too!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! More pictures please:)

jillr

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! Congrats! More photos please...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor is loved by lots of people here! Congratulations on a beautiful ring and your engagement! And yes, we need more pictures!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results