shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Setting in Boston

davepal

Rough_Rock
I know this has come up before but I thought I'd start a new one. I'm about to buy a loose asscher online and want to get a simple setting with side traps or baguettes. I toyed with the idea of sending it to Leon Mege but I'm uncomfortable with the long distance and I'm not convinced there isn't someone in Boston who can do very good work for this rather simple setting.

Do we know anything more about Boston Platinum? Website is here, http://www.bostonplatinum.com/,, and looks good says everything is handmade/not cast. I don't like the fact that it's in the 333 Washington Building, which sketches me out, and which I've heard is a hit or miss building.
I know someone will suggest Mark Morrell, and I've looked at his site but decided that although well-made I don't like his aesthetic. I like some more with clean lines rather than flowly/moving.

Does anyone have any info on Boston Platinum or other comparable places? Thanks!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
i have heard good things but never used them. i have several friends who purchased from vendors in the jewelers building--some good some typical just like everywhere else.

Look4stone

Rough_Rock
I have used Leon Ohanian & Sons and am very pleased. Their price easily beat any of the online vendors seen on here for stones, and the artisan they use to build rings is very highly regarded and gets a lot of work from other designer jewelers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results