shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom ring almost finished

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
I asked to see the sapphires that were being planned on being used.. here are the pics of a few set. I'm trying to decide if they're a bit on the dark side or not. The side view pic they look brighter. Maybe it's the black background and or lighting.

_27426.jpg

_27427.jpg

_27428.jpg

_27429.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is really coming together! It looks great. Maybe ask to see it in natural lighting?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting!!
I second the idea to ask for a photo in natural daylight and ask the jeweller to wear it on his/her hand

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really pretty... and I think the sapphires look great!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is gonna look great on your hand!! I've seen DZ on ebay and have several of their OECs in my watched items list and one fairly vintage looking semi-mount too. Super cool that they do custom. It looks great so far. I also liked the other one you started. It is hard to tell from the CADS to wax to real life. The real life end result looks so much softer and detailed than the stark precision CADs and also like people have said, they have extra "metal" to account for polishing etc. Your ring is already looking super; and I can't wait til you have on your hand! omg the wait must be torture :wall:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow..that's going to look nice! Sapphires look good to me. :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it looks really pretty and I think the sapphires look good!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
A black background enhances colour. This is why many opals are photographed or videoed against a black background, to make the colour stand out more. Generally speaking, sapphires look best in diffused daylight (shade) and the least best under fluorescent (or sometimes incandescent) light. So if you really want to judge their colour and know how they hold it in various lighting you'd need a photo under at least those two light sources. For such small stones, it's not a huge concern.

Here's a thread with photos comparing sapphires in different light sources: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/choosing-a-blue-sapphire-for-all-lighting-conditions.128100/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/choosing-a-blue-sapphire-for-all-lighting-conditions.128100/[/URL]

The ring is very pretty.

emeraldluvr

Rough_Rock
Vey unique and magnificent! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results