shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Platinum setting with Radiant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LukeMintzas

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I am a first time poster, and longtime reader here. I just wanted to share my engagement ring purchasing experience. I am 23 years old, and I pride myself on being an informed consumer. So, when I decided that my special young lady was the special young lady, I became a man on a mission to find the perfect ring. Melissa and I visited local jewelers here in College Station, TX. This is where I discovered how little I knew about anything having to do with jewelry. One thing I did know, is that I was not going to pay retail price. I literally have over 50 diamond sites bookmarked on my computer my quest was to find a RECTANGULAR RADIANT (about 1.35 to 1 lenght to width ratio) that is around 1ct. Most Radiant cuts are more square than rectangular, and many of the rectangular ones have a distinctive "bow tie" in the middle of them. I began using the Original Radiant Cut specification in my search criteria to ensure a quality cut. While searching, I came across recomendations for Whiteflash.com, this is when I contacted Henry Martinez. I can not say enough about how amazing Henry and the whiteflash team have been. I am a very tough customer, and I had many questions. Henry has liteally spent hours and hours over several weeks working with me to find the perfect diamond. Fortunatly, whiteflash is located in Houston, which is an hour and a half from where I live. The first diamond I went to go see looked perfect on paper.. 1.02 ct. d color vs1 radiant within the rcdc specifications. This diamond did not "speak to me" so, the search continued. I also want to add that during my meeting with Brian (the VP) I felt no pressure to buy. He was more concerned with me finding the right diamond. The second trip was a success, I found a 1.04 ct H color VS1 quality within rcdc specifications. This diamond was perfect, no bowtie great bling, and an amazing price. I brought my drawings for the setting and Whiteflash went to work. I wanted the profile of the diamond setting to look like the letters MM for Melissa Mintzas and also wanted a knife edge finish on the sides that would meet with the trillion sidestones. A few days later I received the pictures of the wax and gave them the green light on going forward. I have included the wax pictures.

LukeMintzas

Rough_Rock
Here is the final product! I could not be happier. Melissa loves the ring!

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow - that looks great! She will love it!

Please post more pics when it is completed, and of course, obligatory hand shots once the engagement is official.

Congrats!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congratulations.

LukeMintzas

Rough_Rock
Here''s a hand pic.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Wowwy! It is breathtaking. Congrats on your engagement! All the best!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Wow--lucky girl, gorgeous ring, and a VERY well-informed consumer!! Kudos!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
just stunning! looks perfect on her hand, you did a great job!! congrats to you both
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I love seeing the design of the ring from wax to final product. Cool

It looks huge on her hand- and lovely.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
That looks stunning on her!!!!! Thanks for showing us all the steps.

LukeMintzas

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone, here''s a shot of Melissa and I.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
You two look great together- cute couple.

Hey Congrats on the proposal.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Many happy years...
emlove.gif
emrose.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, my gosh. well first of all let me say congratulations on your engagement--you two make an adorable couple!! now, the ring! the ring is simply beautiful--i LOVE the way that the radiant looks with those trillions!--and the fact that you went to so much time and effort to create the perfect ring for her speaks volumes. it's extremely sweet.

oh, and have i mentioned that i realllllly love the ring?
2.gif
30.gif
it looks awesome on her hand. congratulations to both of you!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Magnificent ring.
30.gif
Fine work.
30.gif
Beautiful on the hand.
30.gif
You did a mighty fine job.
9.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
I posted too soon earlier - guess I should calm down a bit.
20.gif

Beautiful ring - I love the finished product! You two are adorable together. Congrats, and many happy years enjoying the ring, your commitment, and each other!
36.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. Love the M''s.

Small world - I have a business in CS and have had business with one of the prominent jewelers there. Your choice to use Whiteflash was a wise one.

I''ll be on the look for you two in town - I want to see that ring! I am searching for an upgrade now. I saw an Original Cut not long ago and it is a great cut. Gig''em!

Narcosis

Rough_Rock
Luke, You have wonderful taste !!!
Radiant.jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Luke,

That is simply stunning!! I am a huge fan of Radiants, and yours is just gorgeous, plenty big and plenty white and sparkly! It looks superb on her hand!

Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Luke,

Thank you for sharing the great photos. Melissa is beautiful - you two are a perfect couple. The team here sends best wishes and sincere appreciation for the kind words.

Kind regards,

fuzzypill

Rough_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!! Radiant with trillions..... absolutely lovely! Congratulations, you did a great job!

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
From the bench:

First of all that wax is very skillfully made
Second the way they kept you informed through the process is excellent
Third the photos of the wax and the finished ring are brilliantly done. You take very good photos
Fouth the platinum ring looks fantastic. It is a great design and beautifully finished
Fith, maybe they cast the ring with the diamonds in. That is nearly unheard of in platinum and speaks volumes of the caliber of their workshops. If not is shows how good their service is, to set the stones into the wax, knowing they will have to take them out again, just to keep you show you how it is turning out.
Sixth your a smart guy who deserves such a good piece and your wife-to-be definately does too

If you haven''t guessed - I am impressed!!!

Congratulations and thank you for involving us in your purchase

Cheers,

PS
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results