shape
carat
color
clarity

custom made setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newguy55

Rough_Rock
I was wondering ballpark how much it would cost to custom make a platinum setting for 1 1ct stone and 2 baguettes on the side. (.30wgt). Does anyone have an idea?

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
The price will vary widely depending on the designer you query. I recently had a piece custom made in platinum and got quotes from $900-$2800! Understand though, that price is not the only consideration in commissioning a custom job. Talk to several different people. A couple of the guys on the low end of my quotes didn't give good impressions. I felt pretty strongly that they didn't "feel" me...understand what I was trying to accomplish. So, I didn't go with the cheapest ultimately.

Find someone who you can trust, and who you feel you'd like to work with. Talk to/meet locals (search goldsmith) and talk to online folks.

Good luck.

newguy55

Rough_Rock
Can anyone recommend someone in the MD/VA area?

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Honestly it depends on the desgin you want to have made, as a designer I can tell you the price quote can vary from jeweler to jeweler depending on the workload they have, the expereince leval and of course the cost of metals and supplies and time involved, and of course how much of a pain or how simple the setting is to make.

It can also vary in price depending on the source you get it from. For example our firm has custom design accounts all up and down the front range of Colorado and a few accounts in other states. Customers that walk into any of these stores asking for a custom design have no Idea that the same company is making there jewelry depending on who they go too...but the price will vary from store to store, it depends on whos rent you want to pay
1.gif
the bill we send too the store gets trippled and passed on too the customer.

In any case, the best thing to do is hagle directly with who ever is making your ring. Ask for a quote, you will get a quote, however you have to be specific as to what your asking for, Size, width ect are important, and if you must have platinum right now that makes a big differece. Ask them if they do there own design work, or do they go to someone like us to have it made for them? Try working direcly with designers, youd be amazed how much custom work gets farmed out to designers with there own production companies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results