shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom jewelers that work with mother of pearl?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was wondering if anyone knew of any custom fine jewelers who could make a Mother or pearl and gold pendant setting?

I just ordered a gray diamond and think it’d look awesome set with black MoP. But it’s hard as dickens to find someone who works with both gold and nacre it seems. :/

I did order this money clip with a lovely piece of unlacquered black MoP to use to “test” how the combo might look. It was either buy 10$ of cheaper MoP beads or spend an extra 40 and have a nice gift for myself or someone else lol.
1CA88E26-2D0C-4DB8-8A36-62F7686FFC44.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let me bump this for you
i have a future pearl project that may require a big piece of mother of pearl so im interested in how you get on

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that David Klass has done projects with pearls and all kinds of CS (faceted & cabochons) so I'm pretty sure he'd be able to work with mother-of-pearl.

Maybe check with Sako too https://www.instagram.com/cjd_sako/?hl=en

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that David Klass has done projects with pearls and all kinds of CS (faceted & cabochons) so I'm pretty sure he'd be able to work with mother-of-pearl; worth an email to him anyway.

Maybe email CJ Sako too

So far I’ve actually found 2 artists that work in it! I’ll see where the leads go once I have the stone in hand and solidify a plan. Might be a few months lol.

I had actually reached out to sally at hearts of water since she works with pearls but she said working with the Shell is something separate and somewhat more niche. I’ll shoot david an email though at some point when I’m closer to having a set plan. I do love his work but I think ideally I’d like to work with someone that does this regularly and not be the guinea pig lol.

Going to go look up CJ Sako!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results