shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom BGD bezeled pear pendant with milgrain

Mia18

Rough_Rock
I was inspired by elle chris's pear pendant for ther mother: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-pendant-for-my-mom.129594/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-pendant-for-my-mom.129594/[/URL] . I love the proportion of the pear and the bezels, so my design has similarly sized diamonds. I also love the Barbara with milgrain from BGD so I asked them if they make that for a pear diamond. They said they hadn't before, but could do so as a custom design.

0.53 ct J VS2 pear pendant, 3 of the 3pt diamonds, all of the diamonds are bezeled with milgrain, 17 inch platinum chain with jump ring at 16 inches

Originally, I asked only for the milgrain bezeled pear and 1 milgrain bezeled round diamond directly above. I didn't think I would want more diamonds along the chain like elle chris's necklace b/c I want this to be a casual everyday necklace and I was worried it would be too fancy. In the back of my mind, I wanted to see the CAD first before deciding and didn't say anything about this possibility to the consultant at BGD. Two weeks after the money was wired to BGD, I received an email that the necklace was finished and had been shipped already. I was so surprised b/c I thought I was waiting for a CAD at that point. In fact, I had asked the consultant before in the emails about the CAD and she said that it would be started after payment was made. I was anxious at that point b/c they didn't send me any glamour shots and I wasn't sure I would like the necklace since I didn't get to do a final approval with the CAD as I thought I would. I asked for glamour shots and they sent me 2 photos taken from afar. I couldn't see the milgrain in the photos, so I asked if there were any close ups so I could see the milgrain. No reply and no answers as to why they didn't make a CAD as discussed.

I live overseas and the necklace surprisingly arrived in about a week. To my disappointment, there was no milgrain. The necklace was still very beautiful, but I really wanted the Barbara with milgrain look which was the reason I went with BGD. I emailed BGD about the problem and they quickly arranged for the necklace to be shipped back by Federal Express at their expense. It was additional stress b/c I had to get an export license due to the value of the necklace and there was a lot of back and forth communication with Federal Express since they needed a lot of documentation Ireceipts of the purchase, photos of the necklace). I was worried it would be stolen in the mail. The pendant seemed so small, delicate, and plain so I asked about the additional round bezeled diamonds and the cost. At $140 for EACH milgrain bezeled diamond, I decided to only get 2 additional ones set 1 inch above . I was really surprised by how much each bezeled diamond would cost, but I just went for it since I didn't want to look at the necklace and feel that something was missing. If it was less pricey, I would have gotten more bezels up the chain. I just didn't expect it to cost so much.

Overall, I really love the necklace. The craftsmanship is beautiful. The pear occasionally flips and gets stuck that way until I shake it back. I had noticed this problem before I shipped the necklace back and asked them to see if they can fix it. Not sure if they did anything b/c nothing has changed. It doesn't bother me too much. The 2 round bezels above do flip around a lot too and I understand this is a common problem with DBTY chains. The underside is not milgrained, but since the bezels are so small, you can't really tell whether it is the milgrain or unmilgrained side that is up unless you look very closely. If the bezels were bigger and only 1 side was milgrained, that wouldn't look as nice since it would be more noticeable. I think BGD makes beautiful jewelry, but the process was frustrating at times. Since I live overseas, all of the communication was via email and I've read that things go smoother by phone.

Below are 3 photos of the final product. The last photo is what the pendant looked like when it was first sent without the milgrain.

img_6665.jpg

img_6657.jpg

3143_briangavin_milgrainpendant_.jpg

img_6615.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is very beautiful!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! congrats! :love: :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am honestly shocked at how different it looks with the milgrain and addition of the two round stones! I love it 100x more with the milgrain and round stones. IMHO, you were right to send it back and insist that they make it the way you wanted it. It is absolutely gorgeous! It's unique, but classic and look perfect on you! :appl: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely LOVE this & I'm really glad you stood your ground, as they have done an amazing job :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Sorry it was a frustrating process for you but it looks like if was all worth it in the end!!! The addition of the other rounds and the milgraining are perfect. Enjoy your new pendant!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Well *THAT* turned out to be worth it!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

WOW - what a beautiful necklace - I love the addition of the milgrain as it really just 'finishes' it off!! And those 2 extra diamonds on the chain --- BRILLIANT!!! Its a beauty!! Enjoy!!!

Riesz

Rough_Rock
WOW! Looks like a necklace fit for a princess! It's lovely, enjoy! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh that's gorgeous!!!

The milgrain and little rounds add so much flair :love: Pears really are perfect for pendants, especially when they're larger like yours so you can really appreciate the proportions...

I like it best just the way it is now, with the two rounds flanking the pear - I think if you'd gone with diamonds up the chain it'd have had more of a dbty-with-charm effect, but this way the pendant grabs is clearly the statement :sun:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I ADORE this necklace! Spectacular!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
That is so pretty! Congratulations. And the pear looks really big! :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The difference went from clean contemporary to delicate antique. Love it!

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
This is one of the most beautiful necklaces I've seen. It has such lovely proportions and I adore the vintage look. I will be bookmarking this! Wear it in good health!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous :love: :love: :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I bought a pear and didn't know what to do with it, this may fit the bill.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always wanted a pear necklace to wear with my pear e-ring and your lovely necklace might be just the right thing! Enjoy it, it's beautiful!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yours is one of the most beautiful necklaces that I have ever seen! :love:

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It is beautiful and elegant yet so wearable.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!! Pears make such lovely pendants- my favorite!! So glad you sent it back for the milgraining and extra diamonds- they just added the extra special spark!!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Looks beautiful! :love:

luxe

Shiny_Rock
Definitely the right call to have it sent back to get the milgrain as you initially asked for. It is stunning!

Mia18

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the nice comments!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the final version!!! :love: It is just perfect that way! It is a shame they did not show you pictures before sending so you could have avoided the trouble of sending it back. They do beautiful work but I have seen errors like this before from them.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1368098325|3443290 said:
I am honestly shocked at how different it looks with the milgrain and addition of the two round stones! I love it 100x more with the milgrain and round stones. IMHO, you were right to send it back and insist that they make it the way you wanted it. It is absolutely gorgeous! It's unique, but classic and look perfect on you! :appl: :love:

Me too!

Sorry they gave you so much trouble, but the final result is really, really beautiful!! Bummer about the flipping though.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!! It's perfect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results