shape
carat
color
clarity

custom 3 stone halo family ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Where to begin?
A few months ago hubby agreed to let me go ahead with an idea I had been thinking about;
I wanted to make a family ring (since our family with 3 children is complete!) but instead of their birthstones, I wanted to make MINE with diamonds!!!!

I have 2boys and 1 little girl so I wanted my center stone to be rose gold and the rest would be white gold. The ring would represent my boys guarding their baby sister :)

Since my engagement ring is a Radiant cut with channel set princess diamonds, I wanted something very different, and IT HAD TO HAVE HALOS!!!

So I started gathering photos (from PS and google searches) to see what I wanted. Where I live in Ontario, Canada, there aren''t many places that carry these types of rings.

My mom offered to me her engagement ring from my dad (she has 2!) so I got a free round center stone. Thanks mom!
It isn''t a great stone, but I love that it is hers and that someday maybe my little girl will wear it too!
I will get the cert w/the particulars for the stone another day, but it is an I1 and about a 1.18 round.......

Then came the difficult part of figuring out who could make this for me. I seem to have terrible luck with getting things started when it comes to projects. I decided I would contact Whiteflash and see what the logistics would be with getting a ring sent to Canada, etc.
Liza from Whiteflash was extremely helpful, professional and kind. She answered all of my questions by email, and called me a few times. i have seen so many lovely pieces on this website from WF that I wanted to look into it and see if I could have one, too. :)

Unfortunately bc I live in Canada, I wasn''t sure what the logistics would be with paying tax at the border, etc. so back to my local jeweler I went. :)

Marshman Jewelers in Belleville, Ontario is a family owned/operated jewelry store that I love. The owner Steve has always been a pleasure to speak to and talk ideas with. He is honest and candid; attributes I enjoy in people whom I trust! His staff is equally professional and helpful and I uually stop in there when I am near by :)

My wishes for this ring were:

- rose gold halo around center diamond
- pear side stones w/halos
- a "W" made in the profile of the center stone halo (my last name starts with "W")
- for the ring to not be too flat (like the ritani endless love) nor too high.
- 14kwg

Steve delivered a PERFECT ring for me!
I couldn''t love it anymore than I do; it is just all of the elements I wanted all in one ring. :)
AND
it is 18KT PHD
and the price was still what I was quoted.
Is he great, or what? ;-)

I know how much I love pictures and I did my best with my limited abilities on this camera and here is what I got!!!!
I hope you like it as much as I do!!!!

Let me know what you think!

ringhandshotoutside.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
well here goes the (Not so) fun part..trying to resize the images to be viewable on here....sorry guys..I actually got some good pics, too!
33.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
let''s see if this one worked!

mybeautifulringagain3.JPG

usnwife

Rough_Rock
OMG!!! That ring is stunning.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Sophie, WOW!!! What an amazing piece!! I love the symbolism surrounding it, and what fantastic taste and ideas you have!! Just gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
nice

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sophie I think it came out just beautiful! I''m really impressed with how he transformed your vision into a beautiful reality. How generous of your Mom to give you here center stone and I love the symbolism of your two sons guarding their sister. I''m such a mush when it come to things like that
5.gif
. I think you created something that''s one of a kind, unique and really gorgeous! Please take more pics for us. It''s so pretty!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
AMAZING!!! I love the story behind the ring and love how the ring turned out! Congratulations!
30.gif
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It turned out beautiful! I have 2 boys and a girl...hum...you''re giving me ideas! I also have a spare round laying around! Now
it would just take convincing the hubby to let me spend the bucks! I''ll have to work on that!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the symbolism!
30.gif
36.gif

freefly

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring. I love the combination of the rose gold and white gold. Congratulations!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sophie, this ring is just beautiful!!! I love the combination of rose and white gold, it really adds so much to the overall look, it''s stunning!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow that ring is beautiful! I love the proportions of the melee and the rose gold and the 3 halos.

Congratulations on a wonderful heirloom :)

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
I love it, the rose gold is just beautiful. What a wonderful sentiment.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
fabulouso!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Ring!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
THanks ladies for the replies :)

I know how much I love to look at the pictures on here so I really tried hard to get some clear shots. A friend gave me some tips on changing some camera settings and it helped ALOT!!

I will work on getting some more pictures. I just have to wait for a sunny day! :)

I used a bunch of pictures from PS, of course for inspiration (parts of different ones) that were what I was wanting in one ring.
The center stone is not great quality, it''s an I1 with a bunch of carbon spots on the table, but the cut is reallly good, so most of the time it''s just sparkly! :)

I totally think a diamond ring is the way to go for a family ring!
emsmilep.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
That''s so beautiful. Love the combination of golds.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How absolutely gorgeous!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it''s beautiful!!! I love the look of the rg and pear sides.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I love all the thought that went into it. It will become a family heirloom for sure. I''ll have to remember that jeweller. It''s hard to get jewelry shipped Canada (stupid duty, etc.).

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to get a picture showing how it sits on my hand; not totally flat, like the Ritani endless love (which I love, but don''t love how chubby my finger looks with such a low setting).

attempttoshowprofileonhand.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results