shape
carat
color
clarity

Custhion specs with crown over 40

FirstTimer007

Rough_Rock
Can someone take a look at these specs and tell me if this is something I shouldn't even look into? This is the first time I have seen greater than 40 for the crown. I have done some research and it appears to be somewhat common for cushions but it looks as though the table is larger than most diamonds with the >40 angle.

http://www.jamesallen.com/certs/RIRR10630cer.jpg

Shape: Cushion
Carat weight: 1.54
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 67.2%
Table: 65.0%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Medium to very thick
Culet:
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.84*6.70*4.50
Ratio: 1.02

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have a link to the stone with images?

mogster

Shiny_Rock
I'm no expert, but it looks very nice. I like the facets. They're organized with a distinct pattern and not all jumbled.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
JA will review 3 diamonds for you and provide images. if you post your budget and specs we can find 2 other candidates.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ignore the bitter poster above. He's been banned from this forum under 10 different names and clearly has NO life at all cause he keeps coming back where he's not wanted :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Why was he banned? Cause he's a jerk. That's all there is to it. All he wants to do is have everyone listen ONLY TO HIM and he's bitter because the rest of us actually have opinions and don't do this because we like adulation, like he does, but because we like to see people happy. Incidentally he's only happy when he's stalking people and insulting things he doesn't understand.

No one gets paid here. But I'm sure HE wanted them to pay HIM since he considers himself an expert. As if insulting every diamond and designer and manufacturer is all it takes to make someone an expert. He's got sour grapes. As for why he sees a lot of comments deleted? It's because they're HIS comments and he's not allowed on this forum.

It's a PRIVATELY OWNED FORUM AND YOU ARE TRESPASSING you have no right or entitlement to be here! If it bugs you that much... start your own darned forum. And lets see if you can do it better than they do!

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
you might also want them to have a look at the many feathers around the girdle, if any of those create a durability issue.

FirstTimer007

Rough_Rock
Thanks SLG...I really appreciate it.

As for prices/specs:

I'm looking for a cushion that is as close to square as possible so anything <1.07 L/W. I would like to stay in the F-G color range and VS2-SI1 range but obviously I'm looking for an eye clean diamond. I have seen a few G/VS2's that are a bit smaller but the actual dimensions are close. VG/VG if possible as I've heard symmetry is very important for cushions. The size of this diamond is ideal as its right in the 6.75 x 6.75 range. Above all the cut is the most important as I've heard its the no1 thing to look for.

My price range would be right around where this diamond falls in the 10.5 K range

I appreciate the help on this

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hmm I am not seeing much at JA in your range/specs...

FirstTimer007

Rough_Rock
Yea me neither. The only diamond that I can find to compare is from a different site. This one has a better Table %.

Depth %: 65.7 %
Shape: Cushion
Table %: 56 %
Carat Weight: 1.56 ct
Polish: Excellent
Color: G
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: SI1
Measurements: 7.04 x 6.59 x 4.33 mm
Make (Cut): Super Ideal
Length To Width: 1.07 to 1
Report: GIA
Girdle: Thin - Sl. Thick
Culet: None
Price: $10,025.00
Fluorescence: None

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried Engagement Rings Direct or Perry Chen?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
you really need images for a cushion. ERD has a new modern cushion that someone posted earlier...their website is down but it might be what you are looking for?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results