shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion unveiled

korbash

Rough_Rock
So it has finally arrived. I wish I found and read through more of pricescope before I committed to a ring, but here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/ojf6t.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PFt62.jpg

I went for cut and size over color and clarity for my budget. It looks absolutely beautiful, but the 2 things that kinda bug me are 1) it looks pretty warm (especially in contrast to the side stones), and 2) there's a small but dark inclusion that's right in the middle of the table. Arghh. It's not noticeable 90% of the time, but since I know it's there I guess it bugs.

http://i.imgur.com/u1Pmi.jpg

What should I do? There are no refunds on set engagement rings with this vendor, so perhaps I need to learn to ignore it?

Shape: Cushion
Carat Weight: 1.16ct
Color: K
Clarity: SI1
Width: 6.22mm
Length: 6.25mm
Depth: 4.17mm

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Well...If you like the color and don't mind the very obvious inclusion(s)...I noticed it in the first picture...but I think it's a pretty ring. And if you're like me, if I know it's there, I'd notice it 100% of the time. Where'd you get it from? Can you trade it for a different ring if there's no return policy?

vishke8

Rough_Rock
The diamond does look a bit warmer when compared with the side stones.
If its bugging you that much, get it off your chest.

1) Check for upgrade option with the seller from who you bought the ring.
2) Sell it on eBay
3) Try to ignore and accept the inclusions.

These are the ones I can think of, if some one else has a better idea then do that.

Good Luck :loopy:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the ring is absolutely lovely, but I'm not color or clarity sensitive. I just see lots of sparkle!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Personally I love it! Gorgeous stone.

Would you be open to having the inclusion removed with laser enhancement? I know very little about this, but I'd trust Jonathan at Good Old Gold to advise me if I wanted to learn more.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I also think the setting is lovely and great claw prongs. The color doesn't bother me either but I'm not particular color sensative. I think you will find that with time as you or your lady wears the ring the inclusion wont' bother you at all....but that is just me. As someone already suggested you can either check with the store on the upgrade policey or sell on ebay. Unfortuantely it sounds like you bought from a place that doesn't give you options!

isekii

Rough_Rock
That's a lovely setting. I believe the diamond is going to appear warmer especially compared to the halo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll preface that I am colour sensitive and can see the colour difference between the main stone and the halo. I don't mind warmth in antique cut cushions but I am bothered when it is warmer than the halo melees. I am also sensitive to inclusions so even seeing that black dot occasionally will not be mind clean for me. If it were my ring, I'd see if the return policy allows for a slight upgrade in colour and a cleaner stone. Perhaps all these will not bother her, who knows?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring.
If you can't or don't want to try to exchange it, I'd suggest you wear and enjoy it. Once it's on your finger, you very well may come to embrace the color and clarity. After all, like people, stones come in all variations. Skintones/color, freckles/imperfections, and all. You could find yourself loving your beautiful stone for it's uniqueness.
Good luck!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I would do if it really bugs you is reset it in a plain solitiare. I think it looks like it has more color when sitting next to very white melee. Also if you got it in a nice rose gold or yellow gold with a platinum head I think the colors would really compliment the k color. I think it looks lovely though and if you need a halo just live with it a while and see how you feel. A lot of ladies here have much lower colored cushions ;-)

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
It is awesome. the tall crown is elegant and stunning!
I would say give it time, do not rush decisions, you can do whatever you want any time, enjoy this stunning ring in good health!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEautiful high crown on that cushion!! WOW! And the halo and prong work are perfect! For my tastes, I love the contrast between the lower centre stone and the whiter halo... but that's me and I actively sought out that when looking for my OEC and while choosing a setting, so I think its PERFECT just the way it is!

But I agree with Doc, give it time, think about it, enjoy this stone for what it is. That inclusion on the table is what makes it unique and easily identifiable, if you ever had to take it anywhere for any adjustments. Think of it as a unique birthmark! ;))

korbash

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies. the diamond is pretty darn sparkly, and the ring work is amazing. I just want to give her my best. She is the type of person who would love the ring even if it had a salt and pepper diamond, so I think i'm more bugged by the inclusion than she will be. In the end, it's about what she thinks, and if she likes it, I do too. :))

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
korbash|1356657768|3341115 said:
Thanks for all the replies. the diamond is pretty darn sparkly, and the ring work is amazing. I just want to give her my best. She is the type of person who would love the ring even if it had a salt and pepper diamond, so I think i'm more bugged by the inclusion than she will be. In the end, it's about what she thinks, and if she likes it, I do too. :))
You did a darn good job, lucky lady she is to have you!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1356652719|3341065 said:
BEautiful high crown on that cushion!! WOW! And the halo and prong work are perfect! For my tastes, I love the contrast between the lower centre stone and the whiter halo... but that's me and I actively sought out that when looking for my OEC and while choosing a setting, so I think its PERFECT just the way it is!

But I agree with Doc, give it time, think about it, enjoy this stone for what it is. That inclusion on the table is what makes it unique and easily identifiable, if you ever had to take it anywhere for any adjustments. Think of it as a unique birthmark! ;))

I agree with everything enerchi says! I absolutely love your ring! It's beautiful. :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring and diamond.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to see that on your pinky for scale. I bet the inclusion shown at like, a 1000%, on my computer doesn't show as much from 12 inches from your eyes in real life perspective. You know? It's really very pretty. I would personally like the melee to match though, but that's just me. You did good! Sparkly is very important and it's very substantial in size.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
It is a beautiful ring. I like he contrast with the halo, makes the stone pop. It's definitely a matter of personal taste. My sister has a vintage tiffany round and this reminds me of hers which is gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results