shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion - Picking one out of these three

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SIB

Rough_Rock
I am very close to pulling the trigger on one of these. Tried to get a balance of quality w/size. Obvisouly there is about a 2K price difference between #1 & #3 but I''m more concerned about the quality aspect.

I would really appreciate anyones feedback on these both good or bad.

Thanks

Shape: Cushion
Carat: 1.50
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Lab: GIA
Depth: 61.5
Table: 63
Dimensions: 7.17x6.34x3.90
Girdle: vtn-xtk
Cutlet: no
Symmetry: good
Polish: very good
Fl: none

Carat: 1.71
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.6
Table: 60
Dimensions: 7.43x6.80x4.19
Girdle: md-vtk,f
Symmetry: good
Polish: good

Carat: 1.74
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 59.7
Table: 59
Dimensions: 7.67x6.92x4.13
Girdle: m-tk,f
Symmetry: very good
Polish: excellent

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Hi...

Looking at what you have provided in the way of numbers---and remember numbers regarding fancy cuts is not the deciding factor per say--I would consider the 1.50 cushion more. The depth is better and so is the table. #3 has too shallow of depth in my opinion comparatively to the table.

But if you have personally seen these stones, that is the deciding factor. Especially with cushion cuts, what the diamond says to YOU is the clincher. I looked at alot of stones and in the end, it was more about the cut--which is overall the most important factor for me, the way it faced up as white as possible, and the cost. Budget restraints kept me from exploring too big or too many other cushions.

Just my thoughts on this...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi SIB and welcome,
I am still learning about cushions so I can''t be of much help. I do know that I prefer ex/ex for polish and symmetry and have you seen the I color in person? fancy tend to not hide color as well as rounds and I really wouldn''t want to go below an H. I saw an H a couple of days ago next to an F, granted they were next to each other, but I prefered the F.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results