shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion or round halo?

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've just inherited a round diamond, and I know I want a halo around it, I'm just not sure if I should go with the round halo or cushion halo for a round diamond. Any suggestions or photos of rings would greatly help. Thanks!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What size is your stone?

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the threads mrs-b and junebug17. I haven't had it weighed yet, but I'm guessing slightly over 2 carats. I love the cushion look, but I don't know how good it will look for a round diamond. I've seen some pretty ones and some not so pretty ones, so I was hoping for some advice from people
Thanks again!

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I LOVE a round with a cushion halo. I am actually considering that for my reset!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's been a little few weeks since I've inherited a round diamond, and I've taken a little break from thinking about it. Now that I have a minute I am wondering what to do with it again, I definitely want a halo because I have a round solitaire now. I just can't decide on a round halo or cushion halo. I think I like cushion, but I'm afraid it won't look so great. Please advise! any photos are greatly appreciated!
Thanks

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that if you have a round solitaire a cushion halo would be a good rotation piece. Not to mention, it could wear very nicely as a RHR w/o too much of a e-ring vibe.

sgirl

Rough_Rock
upload_2017-12-14_15-16-35.png
I would do this.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I’m all for a cushion shape halo. I feel it softens the look without taking away from the Centre diamond. The secret I think is to not go too large, comparatively, with the size of the diamonds in the halo. Unless you want more of a “flower” look.

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I ended up ordering a cushion halo for my round diamond. It should be ready any day now, I'm getting very excited! I'll share some pictures when I get it, thanks to all those who shared their opinions and rings.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice order Donnass!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! I love when there are updates to older posts :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results