shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Experts: Helpity Help Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 6:03:51 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
The stone on the right looks a lot prettier to me. I think E VS2 is a great combination.

You better let CCL know if you want a true critque of the diamond.
I''ve learned to be careful judging light performance from photographs I always ask for an ASET, but if Missdebby wanted to see the difference between some of the diamonds reccomended earlier (the GOG AVCs) and the optics of something similar to the cushion shown in the photograph on the right above this video would be helpful http://www.vimeo.com/8917587.

CCl

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Nice video. The AV are so beautiful. I have to say that in video, nothing really compares to the brilliance chunky flashes of the AV.

In the end, I decided to go with the 1.01 LM diamond instead of an AV for a couple of reasons. First, it''s shape, while not only gorgeous, truly fit the setting... so both will go together as a very complete package. I think when you decide on a LM setting, it necessarily influences which center diamond you''re gonna choose versus the more usual route of selecting the diamond first, then figuring out your setting. And, it''s just really easy for me to have it all handled under one roof.

LM also gave me a really nice price (less expensive than the H VS2 1.01 AV I was considering) for an E color diamond. I am color sensitive, so I''m really glad to be able to get a nice high color.

Finally, LM bought this diamond to have in house for a reason, because it fits the narrow criteria of their aesthetics. Though my experience is limited, I have never seen a body of jewelry work that I love as much on his site. Every one of his rings, even the most simple platinum cathedrals, are exquisite. So where I might not necessarily trust just anyone''s judgment, I totally trust his and his diamond guy''s, you know.

But man, those AV are juicy!

25.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is going to be spectacular. The stone is beautiful, and while it may not be an AV firecracker, it has a unique and beautiful charm all on its own and lovely, elegant facets. So happy to hear that you passed on the D/IF. That E/VS2 in a Leon setting is going to be heavenly.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me personally, I think D and IF are overrated (especially the IF). I have a VS2 and I cannot find any flaws even with a regular powered loupe.

I also wouldn''t spend more on the ring than on the stone - but that''s me and a matter of personal preference. I''d rather have a $200 ring with an 8500 stone than the reverse. You can always upgrade the RING some year down the road to a style that fits you, but you might not want to spend more on a diamond later or trade it in so I''d spend the money there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results