shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion and Shields

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kal-bi

Rough_Rock
I posted previously on Rocky Talk about the geat work Mark Turnowski did in finding my center cushion stone.

Now I would like to share my proposal and ring story.

After contacting Mark T for the center stone, I had it sent to Charles Carmona in LA''s Jewelry district. He is an independent appraiser with tons of various certificates on his wall and all-around nice guy. After going over this stone with me, he helped me find the necessary sidestones and a fantastic jeweler who finished my setting in a week during the christmas rush.

The jeweler I used is also located inside the jewelry district building. His name is Dan at Navalty Jewelry. He used to be an engineer before he went into the jewelry business with his wife Nava. If you are looking for someone to make a custom setting, I would highly recommend Dan. He exceed all my expectations in quality and speed.

Now for the pictures.

coaster1.JPG

kal-bi

Rough_Rock
!

coaster2.JPG

kal-bi

Rough_Rock
!

coaster3.JPG

kal-bi

Rough_Rock
!

ringbox_chung.JPG

kal-bi

Rough_Rock
!

hand3_chung.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful. Love those cushions.
30.gif
30.gif

kal-bi

Rough_Rock
And here is a picture of my fiancee''s hand at the pink beach on Harbor Island, Bahamas where I proposed.

bahamas.JPG

kal-bi

Rough_Rock
!

bahamas1.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
more wow!! ........love the look of the cushion with the sidestones!!!! it''s a beauty

abbott

Shiny_Rock
The Bahamas!!!!!! One of my favorite places to vacation is St. Thomas... Bling, bling... Love the picture of the ring and the ocean... I''m really missing the beauty of warmth of the bahamas.... Abbbott

Oh my GOSH - beautiful!!! And what an amazing place for a proposal.

Mary

icekid

Ideal_Rock
yay for more pictures! i loooooove the ring... congrats and best wishes!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kal-bi, you made my dreams come true and I don''t even know you! I''ve always thought that cushions and shields would be a stunning combo but I''ve never seen them together. I am now fulfilled.
emotion-19.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!!!!! Truly!!!!!! Another hit for Mark! (and you!!!)

SLH

Shiny_Rock
Wow
9.gif
You and your jeweler did a beautiful job.

Cushions are really taking off.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring, as I posted in the RT thread. Really, really beautiful.
1.gif

Narcosis

Rough_Rock
Now why did you have to post those pictures ??? I lived on Harbour Island for 3 years about 10 years ago and here I am back in NY !!! Truly one of the greatest places in the world... I`m actually going to get married there ...

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring!! The setting with the shields is a stunner! How romantic to be proposed to in the Bahamas!!! Beautiful ring
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Gorgeous ring. It looks excellent.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Kal-bi -- what a beautiful ring! I really love the styling, and it looks perfect on her hand. Congratulations on your engagement.

I also had Charles Carmona appraise my stone, and Dan at Navalty set it for me. They are both top notch. DH keeps telling me to go back to Dan if I am going to make changes (which I am always plotting about), but it is a trek from Palm Springs. One of these days.....

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the cushion/shields combo and the details on the setting are a nice touch- split prongs, and how the shank curves up to meet the shields, yum
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, that is a stunning ring!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
I must be losing it!!! i Cannot believe this one got by me! HOW GORGEOUS!!! I am really lovin'' those Cushions ladies, so far I haven''t seen a one that I don''t absolutely love!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
mark knows his cushions, huh?? another beauty i must say! and i agree, looks superb with those shields, congrats!
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Wahhhh, you''re killing me!! That ring is sooooo beautiful!!!

(btw, yummy Kal-bi& rice is my fav on a cold day!)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i dont know how I missed this for so many days! Its beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
As I sit here freezin'' my patootie off, I''m dreamin'' of the Bahamas. What a magical place for a proposal. Those pics make me want to jump into the warm water right now!!!

The ring is beautiful!! I have never seen shields before, and I don''t know why? They are such a perfect compliment to the stunning cushion!

kal-bi

Rough_Rock
lop,
I''m glad that there is another person here that can tell people how great Charles Carmona and Dan @ Navalty are. If someone is looking for someone in the LA jewelry district, these are the people to go to.

All I know is that with all the rain we''ve been getting lately in Los Angeles and the huge puddle I stepped in on my way to work Monday, I wish I was back in the bahamas again.

My fiancee and I did not expect all these great responses when I posted her pictures. We would both like to thank everyone for taking the time to make us feel so good about her ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results