shape
carat
color
clarity

Curious

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone.... just curious about the quality of this diamond..

Certificate EGL
Cut PRINCESS
Carat 2.00
Color J
Clarity SI2
Price $ 3441.00
Price per Carat $ 1720.50
Measurements 6.77 x 6.7 x 4.8 mm
Depth Percentage 71.6 %
Table Percentage 79 %
Crown Angle
Pavilion Percentage %
Pavilion Angle
Girdle -
Culet N
Polish GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence FAINT BLUE
Certificate Notes
Other Notes CE
Clarity-Enhanced NO

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i''m not a princess expert so I''ll leave the details of the specs to them. I will say EGL is know to be a grade or two off on color so what they are calling a J could be a GIA L or M. Princess stones do not hide color as well as round so more than likely you will see some tint/color in this stone. have you seen it in person?

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Good point...I have not seen the stone. I am considering to go down in color to go up in carat weight. But the cut has to be great to hide the color, I think, so this is new to me... thanks for the input.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
No amount of "great cut" will fix the tint of a K or lower color from being seen. you may just have to go lower in the size to get something you''ll be happy with.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 2:08:59 PM
Author: Shana Jean
Good point...I have not seen the stone. I am considering to go down in color to go up in carat weight. But the cut has to be great to hide the color, I think, so this is new to me... thanks for the input.

ideal cut will mask/hide color in a round stone and many can go lower in color and up in size w/out seeing much difference, depending how color sensitive they are. But you''re looking and a fancy shape and they have different rules. Most fancy''s will not hide color or inclusions and therefore not a good place to sacrafice. I''d go for a smaller diamond that is better cut and has a higher color/clarity. I''m pretty sure you''re going to see both color and inclusions in the stone you posted.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/7/2006 12:53:45 PM
Author:Shana Jean
Other Notes CE
Clarity-Enhanced NO
This confuses me. ''CE'' in ''other notes'' means Clarity-Enhanced, I think.

Then the remark ''Clarity-Enhanced NO'' is contrary to that.

Big question-mark

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 4:11:10 PM
Author: Paul-Antwerp

Date: 12/7/2006 12:53:45 PM
Author:Shana Jean

Other Notes CE
Clarity-Enhanced NO
This confuses me. ''CE'' in ''other notes'' means Clarity-Enhanced, I think.

Then the remark ''Clarity-Enhanced NO'' is contrary to that.

Big question-mark

I had the exact same thought...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results