shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Cupcake lovers.... help!?

Discussion in 'Bride World Wide & Grooms Grooves' started by aliciagirl, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aliciagirl
    Shiny_Rock

by aliciagirl » Jun 3, 2008
    So, I''m coming over from the LIW board to get some help. I''m sold on having a cupcake tower instead of a wedding cake. I''m trying to convince SO that it would be a good idea. All the pictures I''ve found are too cutesy-I''m-having-a-birthday-party instead of elegant, chic for a wedding. I know there have to be some good pictures out there of cupcakes displayed in a way that is more wedding than birthday.

We are both very simple, clean lines type of people and our wedding will probably be in grey tones with lots of white. I''ve found some adorable colorful cupcakes, but if I show them to him... well, he''s never going to go for it.

Anyone have any pictures or links saved by any chance?

2. sunnyd
    Ideal_Rock

by sunnyd » Jun 3, 2008
    Oh do I have some pics for you... LOL we want to do a cupcake tower too. These are mostly red accented, but remember you can decorate however you want! [​IMG]

Technical difficulties, hold on...

3. luckystar112
    Ideal_Rock

by luckystar112 » Jun 3, 2008
    Have you checked out the cupcake thread in the family and home section?

4. aliciagirl
    Shiny_Rock

Nope, I didn''t know one existed! I don''t mosey over there too much but will definitely check it out!

Thanks!

5. sunnyd
    Ideal_Rock

by sunnyd » Jun 3, 2008

whitcupcake221.jpg

6. sunnyd
    Ideal_Rock

by sunnyd » Jun 3, 2008

122232321.jpg

7. sunnyd
    Ideal_Rock

by sunnyd » Jun 3, 2008
    ...oops, that was probably the girliest of all my pics, but you get the idea. [​IMG] Check out the knot too, you can search by mini cakes (which are cupcakes, don't know why they didn't just call it that).

aimeekcaribbeantree2.jpg

8. sunnyd
    Ideal_Rock

by sunnyd » Jun 3, 2008
    Okay 1 more, these are just adorable...edit out the rose and you've a clean line cake.

rose_cupcakes-758630.jpg

9. aliciagirl
    Shiny_Rock

Sunnyd, the pictures are great! That tower is HUGE. It definitely would make a statement. I love the little square ones. I try to avoid the knot, but now I know what to search for on other sites! Maybe that''s what I was doing. Maybe they think mini cakes will be taken more seriously than cupcake?? Pshh, seems silly.

Thanks again for the pics!

10. neatfreak
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by neatfreak » Jun 3, 2008
    This was our cupcake tower (albeit a small tower because our wedding only had 30 guests!). I think if your goal is wedding-y you could have them decorated in the colors of your wedding, etc. But they don''t need to look like a child''s birthday party if they are done right!

IMG_43213453453.jpg

11. aliciagirl
    Shiny_Rock

Those are so cute! The colors are great! I think SO is terrified of showing up and having like... soccer balls on the tops of them or something. He''s all "Cupcakes can''t be elegant" so I''m out to prove him wrong. What do guys know about baking anyways?
    [​IMG]

Haha, I guess that''s not really fair.. because I don''t know anything about baking either!

12. aliciagirl
    Shiny_Rock

I found a specialty cupcake shop in our area, so I think I''m going to drag him out there. Seems like the easiest way to convince him... [​IMG] He''s used to my crazy ideas by now, but when I mentioned cupcakes + wedding, he looked at me like I was speaking a different language and said, "Are you listening to yourself?" which is what we say when the other is being totally unreasonable. Haha.

13. FrekeChild
    Super_Ideal_Rock

14. sunnyd
    Ideal_Rock

by sunnyd » Jun 3, 2008
    Yeah it''s monstrous alright... he just needs to see some cupcakes from a professional bakery, not from a grocery store where they come in plastic containers of 6 hideously decorated...with soccer balls, or xmas trees, or ghosts, whatever the season may be.

15. sunnyd
    Ideal_Rock

16. sunnyd
    Ideal_Rock

17. aliciagirl
    Shiny_Rock

Those ones are so great! That''s what I''m looking for. I know decoration can''t be changed easily, but I just needed some good examples to show SO. I especially love the first ones. And they look delicious!

18. aliciagirl
    Shiny_Rock

Aw, you mean I have to look through recipes and everything? I was thinking pictures and instant gratification here. [​IMG] I''m totally kidding. Thanks for the link, Freke!

You ladies are amazing! I can''t even make the boxed ones without something disastrous happening. I totally admire you guys.

19. ringster
    Brilliant_Rock

20. FrekeChild
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by FrekeChild » Jun 3, 2008
    Heh. Thanks! There are a lot of recipes and other baking info on there, but a lot of pics too of cute and non cute cupcakes. Plus, I bet SOMEONE over there (not me!) has a pic or two of cupcake towers floating around in their cookbooks or on their computers. Just another avenue to check out.

WARNING: You end up craving cupcakes (and other desserts) when you finally leave that thread...

21. aliciagirl
    Shiny_Rock

by aliciagirl » Jun 4, 2008
    Ringster - Such a cute idea! I'm not a girly girl and flowers aren't really my thing, so something like that would be so cute! They looked great all wrapped up and they look soooo tasty.

Freke - You aren't kidding about the cravings! We've already made plans to go get some cupcakes on Saturday. They have a tremendous list of flavors. Stuff like mojito and ones with nutella. Should be interesting. I can't pass up a good Red Velvet (mmmmmmmm [​IMG]) so that's definitely what I will be getting!

ETA: One of the main reasons I want cupcakes is because I want Red Velvet but don't want to do a whole layer or cake in it. I know it's not a popular choice (maybe the color throws people off?) but nothing would make me happier!

22. zoebartlett
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by zoebartlett » Jun 4, 2008
    I love the last ones! I love how the cupcakes are displayed on what looks like a wedding cake.

23. ringster
    Brilliant_Rock

by ringster » Jun 4, 2008

i love red velvet! - we originally wanted to get red velvet cupcakes but it is sooo hard to find good ones. if we went with a higher end cupcake place then we might have been able to get them but we couldn''t justify the cost -- i think they were charging about $1 more per cupcake and were not as convenient to our venue.

good luck and happy cupcake tasting! we ate sooo many cupcakes within a month span!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.