shape
carat
color
clarity

Culet showing on face of hearts and arrows stone. Please explain!

vita123

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have a moissanite stone that seems to have a “hole” in the stone. It looks like the culet can be seen reflecting up the face of the stone. Also picks up colors of surrounding area. Does this happen in a diamond that’s a hearts and arrows cut? My moissanite is a charles and colvard f1 stone. Do you know what causes this? Is this normal?

61BDB93A-2680-49CB-A1EF-1DF3E59BA409.jpeg

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
I believe several antique cut diamonds were cut with pretty visible culets, and they can certainly be seen through the table, just like in your picture. I think it's normal if your moissanite was meant to mimic an antique cut.

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I have a moissanite stone that seems to have a “hole” in the stone. It looks like the culet can be seen reflecting up the face of the stone. Also picks up colors of surrounding area. Does this happen in a diamond that’s a hearts and arrows cut? My moissanite is a charles and colvard f1 stone. Do you know what causes this? Is this normal?

61BDB93A-2680-49CB-A1EF-1DF3E59BA409.jpeg
We aren't allowed to discuss moissanite or any Sims on this part of the board. Hit "report concern" and ask mods to move to "fabulous fashion jewelry". But just FYI your stone isn't h&a cut, so the "splintery" look is caused by the cut of the f1. There are much better cut moissanite stones now.

vita123

Rough_Rock
It looks like an old mine cut doesn’t it? It just a normal round hearts and arrows cut though not. Isn’t a regular hearts and arrows cut, well proportioned and shouldn’t show the culet like that?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like an old mine cut doesn’t it? It just a normal round hearts and arrows cut though not. Isn’t a regular hearts and arrows cut, well proportioned and shouldn’t show the culet like that?
The issue is that this ISNT an H&a stone, and isn't well proportioned. That was the issue with the f1 in the original c&c cut.

vita123

Rough_Rock
Sorry! I didn’t know that. I’ll do that. I guess my question is more for diamonds if the culet can show on a hearts and arrows diamond. If that happens at all..

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry! I didn’t know that. I’ll do that. I guess my question is more for diamonds if the culet can show on a hearts and arrows diamond. If that happens at all..
Not if it's a true h&a stone. If it's truly h&a and well cut, you won't see those issues. You are seeing kind of a "nail head" effect.

vita123

Rough_Rock
Ok thanks! That’s what the vendor said it is. I’m
Getting them to look at it and check it. Sorry, where do I hit report to get this thread moved?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok thanks! That’s what the vendor said it is. I’m
Getting them to look at it and check it. Sorry, where do I hit report to get this thread moved?

Screenshot of where you can hit "report concern"

Screenshot_20190707-202101_Chrome.jpg

vita123

Rough_Rock
Done. Thanks so much! I did suspect it was a poorly cut stone as I have read this was an issue with the older/earlier cc f1 stones. Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results