Is this Chrysoberyl?

• Yes, what a find!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, Cut Glass

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
0806191608a.jpg

So I inherited this ring and earrings set. I had no idea what it was, so I set out to find it. Unfortunately, every place I go seems to "act" as if they have no clue what it is, but then offer me a few hundred bucks. Being as I am NOT just lookong for a quick buck here, I figured why not, I'll find a forum. So, I'll post both with & without blacklight exposure, but man, it sure is cool. Thank you in advance for the help.

0806191607a.jpg

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
I would assume in the range of modern costume jewellery + maybe a few dollars more if they're vintage pieces
Also assuming you have vintage pieces you may want to have these checked since they tend to be slightly more radioactive than modern stuff

So they are 14K Gold. Seems odd they would put cut glass in handmade gold ring and earrings, but hey, what do I know. Lol

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So they are 14K Gold. Seems odd they would put cut glass in handmade gold ring and earrings, but hey, what do I know. Lol

No at some stage in the past synthetics and other pieces were highly valued, and were set in ellaborate and expenaive designs. So if they are antique it is not so anomalous as you might think.

Since they are inherited you may find they werent all originally part of a set. In this case maybe the earings will turn out to be something slightly different from the large stone.

Thats pretty cool. I actually have an appointment this afternoon with South Carolinas Leading Gemologist. Hopefully he can shed some light. I will keep y'all posted on what I find out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results